"Trigger Once" Not Working

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:26 am

So why are you using a for each here, but not at the event that is supposed to count the points?

Actually, why don't you just add the events in the first post as subevent of this for each event?

Also, where are you setting the capturepoints.team value?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:26 am

[QUOTE=PixelRebirth] As long as a single member of the CapturePoints family has a CaptureTimer value of <= -5 (or >= 5) the condition holds true, therefore it's completely correct how it behaves with trigger once.

Try setting the CapturePoints sprite inactive or resetting it after scoring, maybe using an additional value.[/QUOTE]
Oh. That makes sense.
What do you mean setting it to inactive? And what exactly would I be resetting?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:31 am

Basically you use a variable to define whether the CapturePoint has been scored yet and such...

But yeah, like others also mentioned you could simply fix it by using For each.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:10 pm

[QUOTE=PixelRebirth] Basically you use a variable to define whether the CapturePoint has been scored yet and such...

But yeah, like others also mentioned you could simply fix it by using For each.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the advice. I ended up using a boolean that triggers if the base reaches 5 or -5 and resets when the capture point timer reaches 0.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?