Trivia Game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:50 am

Ah nice one. I'm after a bit of music as it happens. I'll have a gander tomorrow. Don't suppose you have any retro sounding stuff? Like chiptune-ish?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:56 am

There is quite a bit that I have there on that site kevinyoutube.com most is made for commercial licensing however I do have other material. You can sample on the site and let me know what you like and I will send your way.

As far as retro, its hard to say I have a particular track in that exact genre type however some of the older tracks have some of those aspects.

I wanted to design for facebook as well however I cant find any affordable space as you need SSL https and a dedicated IP etc all. That part is frustrating.

I appreicate you making an ajax example as I woudl like to make a trivia game. I made my first Construct game @ kevintown.net under the kevinwars1.0 folder. Its a very simple basic shooter game.

I wish there was a detailed tutorial on the ghost shooter game as well. i would love tosee how that works.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:20 am

Yeah I had a brief listen to a couple of randomly selected tracks and they weren't what I'm after, but I'll give every one a listen to tomorrow. If you know about the demoscene, you'll know what I'm after ;) Hopefully I'll find something that fits. Thanks for the offer either way!

Don't know about Facebook as I've never even attempted anything for that platform. You need all that crap for that? Probably a good thing I'm not fussed then ;p

The ghost shooter tutorial version is well commented. You shouldn't have any problems understanding how it works from that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:24 am

Oh im sorry about the tracks. I will take another good look at the ghost shooter tut.

I again appreciate your help on the trivia i look forward to the ajax example.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 pm

No worries. I'm after a particular style so am picky ;p

Here's the AJAX version with non repeating questions fixed.

AJAX TRIVIA

I learned quite a bit myself doing that ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Wow that is great! I have one final question on this project. Since it does randomize which is perfect! Is there a way, once you reach all the questions asked that it will end the game with a final score?
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Yep the easiest way is to create another layout and show the score there. Wait until mouse is clicked, then jump back to the game layout.

Look at event 20. This checks if all the questions have been asked, so this is where you'd jump to the other layout.

That's your homework assignment ;p
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Deal! Thank you again. Your very thoughtful and helpful. You help encourage new programmers.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:23 pm

No problem. Glad to help. I needed a break from some math crap I was doing and this was perfect. I needed to do something like this for myself anyway but as my name suggests... ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:02 pm

Another question - on a platform game,
How might I make the background cycle so that when the player reaches the end of the tiledbackground on the right it restarts the player so that the user sees a continuous infinite scroll? The player also is not able to jump. kevinmthomas2013-01-17 18:03:48
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?