Trouble with the tutorial

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Carousel Animation, make carousel of you image gallery or anything
  • Hi, I'm new to the forums and to Construct so thought I would try out the tutorial on the main page. I'm sure I followed all the instructions in the tutorial but my game doesnt seem to be working the way its suppose to.

The monsters just move in a straight line from one side of the screen to the other and I cant shoot either. Could someone take a look and let me know what I did wrong, any help is appreciated.

dl.dropbox.com/u/37113589/Test%20Game.capx

Also I hope this topic is in the right place, I only found a 'Help and Support for Construct Classic'.

EDIT**

Also forgot to ask, would using tutorials for Construct Classic work if I'm using Construct 2 because there doesnt seem to be all that many for the newer version yet.

Also Is there a limit to how large files can be when importing them into construct?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The monsters just move in a straight line from one side of the screen to the other

You've set an acceleration of 600 on all the ghost's Bullet movement. That's a really high value so they'll get faster and faster! Set it to 0 for all of them and they keep going at a steady speed.

nd I cant shoot either.

Works OK here. Your event for shooting looks fine too.

lso forgot to ask, would using tutorials for Construct Classic work if I'm using Construct 2 because there doesnt seem to be all that many for the newer version yet.

Classic has a different UI and some subtle differences to C2 (like not being zero based and other little gotchas), plus C2 is much newer so doesn't have as many features yet. You can try Classic tutorials for C2, but you might need to ask for help if you get stuck, or you might just run in to something that hasn't been added to C2 yet. We're working on more C2 specific tutorials, it's just it's a lot of work and C2 is fairly new!

lso Is there a limit to how large files can be when importing them into construct?

Nope, no limits on filesize.

• Thanks for the help and advice.

I noticed after re-opening my game file that the shooting now works even though I didnt change anything. Also the acceleration of the monsters remained the same even after changing it to 0, so I restarted my computer and the changes are now in effect.

For some reason I think I need to restart my computer for certain changes I do to take effect, has anyone else experienced this before?

Not sure what I can do about it.

Also does anyone know of any sidescrolling tutorials I could look at for C2, I have tried Mikeys adventure tutorial but its all based around C1 and hard to follow with C2.

Would it be better for me to just drop C2 altogether and just learn C1?

Again any help is appreciated.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)