Trying to figure a conveyer belt out...

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:14 pm

I started a new project called "Don't Light the TNT" where you light candles as they scroll by the screen getting progressively faster every 30 seconds and every so often a stick of TNT is thrown into the mix and if light the TNT KABOOM! Game over.

I'm nor sure if I need to just user ordinary variables for this or an array. Any suggestions?
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:39 pm

I'm not sure what you are having trouble with, why do you think of arrays? What would you store in it?
Please tag me with @caiorosisca if your post is refering to me :). I don't always follow the topics I answer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 pm

I'm not sure why I thought of arrays. I mainly want the candles to appear scrolling across the screen in a random order.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:49 pm

An array might be useful if you want a set pattern, but if random is fine you can just use Compare Two Values and set it up like this:
random (0,10) < 3 every x seconds spawn object
Or something to that effect anyway. Roughly three of every ten would be TNT there. You could even make it a variable so you can dial it up for difficulty. To make them move you can either give them a bullet behavior or just set your object.X to object.X+1 or whatever you need.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:57 pm

That sounds like it might work. I already did something similar in another project.
B
S

Return to How do I....?