Trying to get the hang of behaviors: flying

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi guys,

I'm trying to get the hang of the behaviors and have flight control (aka like Joust). Left to fly left, right to fly right, space to flap and rise up. I've tried 8Directions (set to 4 directions) but that doesn't seem right. I suppose custom movement would be the answer here?

The other thing is getting the physics right (without maybe having to use the physics behavior? I have the platform behavior attached). Are there settings to tweak on key presses during runtime (I don't see anything on a sprite and don't think setting the platform values dynamically is right).

Thanks for any guidance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would suggest to only use the Platform Behaviour. I vaguely remember Joust, but the flapping is practically just a "Jump-In-Air" in my eyes.

Pretty much like a Double Jump.

No need for custom movement.

rock on,

Michael

• I would suggest to only use the Platform Behaviour. I vaguely remember Joust, but the flapping is practically just a "Jump-In-Air" in my eyes.

Pretty much like a Double Jump.

No need for custom movement.

rock on,

Michael

With just the platform behavior the character looks like it's jumping rather than flying. Or is just a matter of tweaking the gravity and jump strength so it doesn't fall/rise as quick?

• This is the approach I would take. The second jump must be much weaker so it doesn't feel like a jump.

I checked Joust online (some Flash remake) and the flapping / Y-movement is a bit wacky imo ... I personally never really dig that game :)

rock on,

Michael

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)