Tutorial - Facebook on iOS and Android

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi everyone,

A couple of months ago I wrote several extensive tutorials on how to implement Facebook into your Construct 2 game. Since then I've received a lot of positive feedback and it seems like my tutorials have done some good for the community however the one issue people kept raising was that I was using the Cranberrygames plugin which is quite buggy and frequently fails to initialize Facebook on Android.

Over the last month, I have figured out a way to completely remove the Cranberrygames plugin from my projects and still have full Facebook compatibility on mobile devices. I have written an extensive tutorial about it on my web page:

http://www.megagamestudios.com/

This method basically replaces the Cranberrygames plugin with Javascript code and separates user flow into browser and mobile streams. I have included all required code for copy-paste on my blog. This method will give you full access to all of Facebook's features including:
- Login/Logout capacity on all devices (mobile and browser)
- A working, customizable sharing button
- Downloading basic user information
- Downloading user friend lists

As always, my tutorials are 100% free and I'm happy to answer any questions (as long as the question isn't "Fix my game please") or take requests on future tutorials :) Enjoy!
Mega Game Studios is a tiny independent game studio run from our apartment in Melbourne, Australia. We're not quite sure what we do yet but we think it has something to do with apps, board games and plush toys.

www.megagamestudios.com
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?