Tutorial help ??-- Platform game

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hey-- i have only been working w/ construct2 free edition for a coupl'a days && i have been working through this tutorial:

"/tutorials/253/how-to-make-a-platform-game" && am really impressed w/ everything so far-- but on page 7, the part about making the snail enemy move back and forth between the "edgemarkers"-- i got everything, as far as i can tell set up "exactly" like the tutorial, but when it loads that enemy won't move. I got it to move right only, and got it to vanish when it collides with the edge marker-- but no dice for changing from "right" to "left" w/ the "System >> Else" event statement from the tutorial. Would anyone be willing to help me debug what i am doing wrong here ?? Sorry if this gets asked all the time && would be grateful for any reply at all. Would post a current version of the project here w/ bug in it if that would help && someone would tell me how &&

kind regards, mark-p.

My-Platform-Mod.capx (file://SUM_DUDE-PC/Users/sum_dude/Dropbox/CAPX-File/My-Platform-Mod.capx)

P.S.-- Hey, found out how to edit posts-- have the demo posted without the bug to my server && can post w/ the bug if that helps ( though i can't see how it would as i can't show the event editor or anything ). Anywho-- thanks.

• Man, I can't understand your phrases and what mean &&?

Also, if you need help with a specific item, share the CAPX on the post and ask one question by time, it may help you get helped faster.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey-- Man, && means "BUZZ-OFF and go FLAME somebody else".

• Hey-- nevermind, I got it to work !!! ( had the quotation marks in the compare instance variables boxes set up backwards ). && am SO glad I didn't have to let tater-head boy there help me !!!

• TELLES0808 I think && = and !

• Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)