Tutorial: Mikey's Adventure

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:38 am

Awesome! And this could actually lead into something like character customization ;) dress up avatars FTW!!

~t
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:41 am

I'd like to note out that the "EditBox" element is impossible to make invisible on Windows XP 64bit.

Also, on page 15 of part2 PDF, there is no "Start fade". Or at least I can't find where it is to place it.

Edit: I opened the finalized version of Mikey's Adventure part2, and it seems to work there. However, on my own copy, when I try to make EditBox invisible, it doesn't work. It doesn't go invisible. :(

Edit2: Also, on page 11 of the mikeys_adventure_part3.pdf, can you tell me how you put 10 into the 9 like that? I couldn't figure it out.

B
G

Post » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 am

Hey thanks for the feedback. I plan on going back through and cleaning up the tuts so what you found on the "start fade" was probably something I originally planned on doing but left off the final .cap.

You can create the below picture in a number of ways. The fastest is to create event 8, 9 , and 10... where 9 and 10 are subevents. Then create two else events. ***NEVER make else events subevents, you always create them as new events.*** Then drag the two else events until they connect with the events 9 and events 10. After you do it a couple times it will be second nature. Let me know if you run into any problems.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:02 am

Thank you.
B
G

Post » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:26 pm

Just wanted to say that your tutorials are very useful! I learned a lot of interesting stuff while going through them.

In the last part you also included an Array Helper - looks really practical, except I can't really get it to work? Even though I change the items.txt file, nothing gets loaded into the program. So if I try to create a new array_items.dat, it just gets filled with 0's.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:17 pm

[quote="Vati-nyan":1jklzq0p]Just wanted to say that your tutorials are very useful! I learned a lot of interesting stuff while going through them.[/quote:1jklzq0p]

Thanks!
[quote="Vati-nyan":1jklzq0p]In the last part you also included an Array Helper - looks really practical, except I can't really get it to work? Even though I change the items.txt file, nothing gets loaded into the program.[/quote:1jklzq0p]
I saw that after you posted this, Lucid made his array editor app so I'm guessing that takes care of the problem. If not, let me know and I'll go back and see if I can help out. I've been so busy with work lately I'll I have time to do is read the forums...haven't worked on a game in months. :-(
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Those planet cute graphics.
Did you create them, or did you just use them for demonstration purposes?

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 15, 2011 12:52 am

[quote="KrushBrother":28mewzu9]Did you create them, or did you just use them for demonstration purposes?[/quote:28mewzu9]
I wish I was that good. :D I just used them for demo..they were made by:

Danc
http://www.lostgarden.com/2007/05/dancs ... -game.html

Cool fact about him.. he started work at Epic Megagames!! Pretty awesome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 15, 2011 11:58 am

The only reason I asked was because while I was looking for some decent HD Apps for my new Android tablet (rather than using some apps made for phone versions that crash on the tablet, lol), I came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpeHTRFM1_8

I thought that if the graphics were yours, then maybe this was your game.
Maybe this is his game.
Or someone is using his graphics with or without permission.

They were instantly recognisable from your tutorial, and I thought "Hang on. What's going on here?" lol

Also, look at the comments.
Someone asked if it was made by someone called dave.
Obviously a Construct user. :lol:

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 15, 2011 2:30 pm

[quote="KrushBrother":1lgn4kzp]Or someone is using his graphics with or without permission.[/quote:1lgn4kzp]
I looks like they are using it without properly giving him credit (but maybe in the credits they list him). or perhaps it is him....doesn't look like it though. Danc, at least for those graphics, gave a liberal license for anybody to use his graphics for free, as long as they site where they came from.

That's funny about the Construct user asking if dave made it. :D
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your tutorials & example files