Tutorial on Organizing and Managing Event Sheets

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:17 am

Hi,
I just put together a small tutorial on organizing and managing event sheets (my method of course) for the people who are new to Construct. It really is nothing much, not even worth looking at for most people... but you know... I just had to make it, because I was introducing Construct to some friends who I am working with and I just wanted to show them how I organize my Construct projects. It can be found here: [url:3hppx006]http://darkchaosstudios.com/tutorials/organizing_&_managing_tutorial.htm[/url:3hppx006]

Note that it is based off of a more OOP type of feel. It is what I have learned works best when actually programming, and I found it can be applied to Construct as well.

Thanks,
Kota Weaver
B
G

Post » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:05 pm

I liked the tutorial good for beginners but why not just leave the layout 1 event sheet alone and make a separate controls event sheet from the beginning and include that in the layout 1 event sheet.
I suppose it makes sense to show how to change the default event sheet for the layout though. Just a thought.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:34 pm

It's a nice tutorial - very visual - and is pretty bulletproof. I can't see how someone would fail to get event sheets set up reading that!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Your tutorials & example files