Tutorial: Pixel-perfect collision with bullets

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:03 pm

zatyka wrote:
Rushino wrote:
So for me it was okay to not use DT since we want it to be dependant on framerate. I don't want that at 30 fps it still reach 300px. That the opposite of what we want to do. I am curious to hear your opinion.

I'm curious...what situation would would you want a game to be frame-rate dependent? Objects could move at greatly varying speeds for players depending on their hardware/software, and whatever other game logic is running. Is there a scenario where you'd want the game to play different depending on those factors?

It won't varying. Its locked at 60 fps for everyone. Sure it can drop.. but its okay for the bullet to be speed reduced at 30 fps. Otherwise it will somehow look like it skip frame.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Rushino wrote:Sorry i am not very used to that Delta-time stuff. I though that an event was running based on frame-rate.

You should then read the tutorial about delta time and framerate independence in depth.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:47 am

Will have a look thanks! However, isn't this useful only if there are variation in the FPS ?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:49 am

You cannot guarantee there are no variations in FPS, lots of different computer setups out there. It's best practice to ensure your game functions at low fps as well as 60, else things will break that you never thought of.

Also on mobiles, definitely no go to design frame dependent games.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General