Tutorial: Sokoban clone - SkullKoBan :)

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:16 pm

[quote="lucid":16495iuw]why thank you minor

btw, do you remember what the situation was where you needed a workaround
it may be possible to bring this plugin up to a status of "use it this way"
instead of my normal policy as of late "don't use it"[/quote:16495iuw]

Yeah I remember the problem. I had a global variable and depending on that variable Spritefont was supposed to write some text letter by letter, but the event never executed when the variable was that value.

Pseudocode Example:

If Global Variable = 1
Spritefont write text "HELLO"

If Global Variable = 2
Spritefont write text "GOODBYE"

If the Gloabal was 1 or 2 it would never write the text it should have, or would constantly write the text.

Working version - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1646976/writingtextworking.cap

If you toggle out the Spritefont condition for checking the value "written" you can see the problem I had.

[quote="lucid":16495iuw]another question, have you ever used it with multiple layouts?

everytime people had problems using the plugin, their caps were always very different than I would have made them.[/quote:16495iuw]

Yeah I have used across multiple layouts in RogueLight. Using both global Spritefonts and a Spritefont per layer. The only problem I ever had with this was I missed destroying a global Spritefont at the start of a layout so it would show up at certain points in the level, but that was me being a numpty. I've also used it as an editbox for the level editor I created for Memorized and again I had no problems what so ever.

[quote="lucid":16495iuw]there might be a dependable way to use this plugin yet[/quote:16495iuw]

In my opinion it is extremely dependable, maybe a little quirky if some can't get it to work as expected, but very easily used and very workable.

I'll be using this plugin in all my projects until fonts get embedded into the .exe.

If you need any more info or if you want some help making some examples to put in the Spritefont thread let me know.

:)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:52 am

Ahh Spritefont,
how I love that plugin :D

I've always followed a tutorial Minor made for me and never once had a problem.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Woop! Just stopped by to thank you for this wonderfull tutorial ... Many things to learn including the SpritePixel plug which is great. Thanks Minor! :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:20 pm

[quote="harvest":3033f5hv]Woop! Just stopped by to thank you for this wonderfull tutorial ... Many things to learn including the SpritePixel plug which is great. Thanks Minor! :)[/quote:3033f5hv]

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:36 pm

edit: replied to wrong thread, sorry :P
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:05 pm

yeah thanks minor
if you could make a spritefont tutorial that works with layout switching

I would appreciate it, these people keep asking me about spritefont, like I have anything to do with it. sheesh
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Did you work on Great Dungeon in the Sky's graphics?
Anyway, great tutorial!
B
G

Post » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:13 pm

[quote="Vectomon":16mfwq3t]Did you work on Great Dungeon in the Sky's graphics?
Anyway, great tutorial![/quote:16mfwq3t]

No I didn't. But the graphics style is heavily influenced by oryx + oddball's work for the TIG SOURCE Assemblee competition (where Great Dungeon in the Sky got it's graphics).

B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Can you migrate it to C2 on a capx?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your tutorials & example files