Twitch.tv Chat integration & Viewer list example.

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon May 02, 2016 6:48 pm

gumshoe2029 wrote:Why did you delete all of your posts? Lol. You removed any teaching value for people new to this topic, lol.

Because the answers had nothing to do with the problem, the problem was connecting to an irc server which was different to one twitch documented. The problem was nothing you suggested, thus they could mislead someone looking at the sources thinking the logic was flawed.
What goes for teaching value I was planning on doing a proper tutorial on the matter instead of just providing a template which you can build on.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 21, 2016 8:18 am

Thank you very much for this :) I'm making a twitch overlay in C2, and I didn't think chat integration would be possible to do. I'm going to look through your example and read up more on the twitch chat api. This is going to help me a lot :)
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:53 pm

Thanks for figuring this out.
I've wanted to try making a twitch game and now I can, so that's cool
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Hey, I finally got the WebSockets to connect, which was great.. But the problem now is it keeps disconnecting.
I tried with the sample you posted also, but that disconnects too. It's not a PING issue, because I have a timer for that already. It disconnects instantly after connecting. It's as if it's firing the event and just giving up afterwards.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)
B

Post » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:52 pm

MadMikeGamerXL1 wrote:Hey, I finally got the WebSockets to connect, which was great.. But the problem now is it keeps disconnecting.
I tried with the sample you posted also, but that disconnects too. It's not a PING issue, because I have a timer for that already. It disconnects instantly after connecting. It's as if it's firing the event and just giving up afterwards.

Seems to work for me. If you are running it locally then try changing the ip to
Code: Select all
ws://irc-ws.chat.twitch.tv:80

Since the WSIP variable is set to run from https as default.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:32 pm

kAlekki wrote:
MadMikeGamerXL1 wrote:Hey, I finally got the WebSockets to connect, which was great.. But the problem now is it keeps disconnecting.

Seems to work for me. If you are running it locally then try changing the ip to
Code: Select all
ws://irc-ws.chat.twitch.tv:80

Since the WSIP variable is set to run from https as default.

Yeah, I'm using the same IP and it still doesn't work unfortunately. I'll attach an image of my event sheet - which seems okay (considering the example game also did the same). Image
B

Post » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:29 pm

I'd love to see more info and an updated capx on this topic :(
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:13 pm

Any new capx? or at least a link that works :(
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?