Two Node-webkit problems still on v.168 [Temp Freeze fix!]

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:39 pm

spongehammer wrote:@scaffa

Do you get the freeze with node- preview or just the exported version ?

I was unaware you could do a node-preview, thanks for mentioning that. I have been running the node- preview for an hour now with my actual game project and had zero freezes so far. Will keep it running for a bit longer.

One step closer to the problem.. So maybe it's a problem that occurs during the export proces with the windows version?

Since my experience so far is that the mac version works without problems. And now the node- preview works without problems. Maybe a silly question but is it possible to retrieve that node-preview version somehow? Is it located somewhere temporary?

@megatronx Again thanks for your help and good to hear you are not experiencing the problem.
Last edited by scaffa on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:16 pm

scaffa wrote:
spongehammer wrote:@scaffa

Do you get the freeze with node- preview or just the exported version ?

I was unaware you could do a node-preview, thanks for mentioning that. I have been running the node- preview for an hour now with my actual game project and had zero freezes so far. Will keep it running for a bit longer.

One step closer to the problem.. So maybe it's a problem that occurs during the export proces with the windows version?

Since my experience so far is that the mac version works without problems. And now the node- preview works without problems. Maybe a silly question but is it possible to retrieve that node-preview version somehow? Is it located someone temporary?

@megatronx Again thanks for your help and good to hear you are not experiencing the problem.

Np. But I was running it in preview. I'll try exe now.

[email protected] Yes you can. Can't remember where it is located exactly but it is somewhere in you document files folder.

[email protected] Not sure if that's possible with NWK but are you exporting script as minified ?

[email protected] NVM, after exporting it did freeze after 20 mins! SHITE!
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:20 pm

Normaly I don't use minified with exporting but also tested that out. Doesnt make any difference.

The node-preview is still running and no freeze yet. Did you also use node-preview?

Also trying something else at the moment on another machine. I copied the contents of the node-webkit folder in construct and copied the .pak file from a earlier export that froze and placed it in that folder. It works when I run it and see if that makes any difference. I don't have any knowledge how this stuff works so just messing around now since I don't know what else to do :) edit: well that didnt work out. Also a freeze.
Last edited by scaffa on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:25 pm

scaffa wrote:Normaly I don't use minified with exporting but also tested that out. Doesnt make any difference.

The node-preview is still running and no freeze yet. Did you also use node-preview?

Also trying something else at the moment on another machine. I copied the contents of the node-webkit folder in construct and copied the .pak file from a earlier export that froze and placed it in that folder. It works when I run it and see if that makes any difference. I don't have any knowledge how this stuff works so just messing around now since I don't know what else to do :)

on preview was fine, but after export it did freeze.
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Ah alright. Must be something that happens during the export then.

node- preview is still working perfect here.
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:33 pm

@Ashley So we're did some tests, and we see that the freezing only appears on exported project, but in preview mode NWK works fine. Any thoughts?

Also can anyone with Win32 can confirm they are experiencing same issue? It might be win64 only thing.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:41 pm

@scaffa @megatronx

Did you tried to pack to node-webkit yourself? Export from C2 as a normal html5 and then download node-webkit from https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit and pack it yourself. It's very easy. Did that some time ago because I don't like how C2 exports to node-webkit - it saves a file package.nw which is basically zipped file with your project inside (all graphic files, sounds, source code etc..) But was doing that on very specific project, where speed or freezes doesn't really matter.
But this could be a nice comparison if this is something that C2 is doing on export or node-webkit itself while packing the app.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:46 pm

shinkan wrote:@scaffa @megatronx

Did you tried to pack to node-webkit yourself? Export from C2 as a normal html5 and then download node-webkit from https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit and pack it yourself. It's very easy. Did that some time ago because I don't like how C2 exports to node-webkit - it saves a file package.nw which is basically zipped file with your project inside (all graphic files, sounds, source code etc..) But was doing that on very specific project, where speed or freezes doesn't really matter.
But this could be a nice comparison if this is something that C2 is doing on export or node-webkit itself while packing the app.

Yeah was thinking about that. I'm not really felling confident enough in trying this. But I guess I have no choice, ha! :D

Any tip on how to do it aside from exporting as standard html5 app?

[email protected] I've just extracted the package with winrar, removed package.nw, and run the exe, and it's working. Will see if its still freezing.

[email protected] Still Freezing
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:08 pm

I also never had problems on preview only on exe. I have tried to export on one other pc and same thing. What is really annoying is that there are few games other people made that doesn't have that problem, one is Airscape :)

Also @scaffa s CAPX froze.

I will try shinkans method.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Can't seem to run it, don't really understand how this works :) Made a package.nw and when I try to run it it says

Exported games won't work until you upload them. (When running on the file:///protocol, browsers block many features from working for security reasons.).
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General