Two-Player Platformer Keyboard Layout

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Players follower. use it for anything which follows the player
  • Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a PC/Mac version of a Construct 2 game I recently released for Wii U (Collateral Thinking), and I'm wondering if you guys might be able to help me out with something!

So my game has a two-player mode, and I would like for it to include a two-player on one keyboard control scheme (in addition to gamepads). It's a fairly simple platformer, so it's just movement, jumping, and an attack button to worry about! The thing is I don't play a lot of platformers on PC/Mac, so I'm not sure if there's an "accepted" control scheme or how games would approach multiplayer using the keyboard.

Right now here's how I have it laid out...

Player One:

Movement - Arrow Keys

Jumping - J

Attack - K

Player Two:

Movement - WASD

Jumping - B

Attack - V

I figured it made sense to keep the controls the same for Player One if they're playing single-player or multiplayer, but that means that the controls could feel a little cramped. Do you guys have any suggestions or experience with this kind of thing? Any help or feedback you guys could provide would be amazing!

• I like using WSAD+12 / Arrows+<>

But you're better off making the controls customizable, because not all keyboards are QWERTY..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good point! Thanks for the suggestion.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)