two questions abaut physics

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX Two contains 450 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • First. How i can do a weight of box. I pushing box with character and when i push paper box, this box push easy, when is a wooden box pushing is harder to do.

Second: When I lay brick on brick in the small towers, the tower itself will quickly falling apart because ceg?u bounce away from each other. How to set the parameters of physics to lay bricks calmly.

Now my boxes are shaking so must stand still

Thank you for moments of attention.

• Try with different density maybe.

• i try this and looks better :) now any ideas how i can add weight of objects?

• Use the mass Object_Name.Physics.Mass

• where i find this option?

• The mass is the density (set manually) multiplied by the area of the collision polygon.

• I tried to enter in the edit box 'density' 'Object_Name.Physics.Mass' can not be.

So I went to the event sheet and there. Every tick-> Set Density and there I entered 'Object_Name.Physics.Mass'

I do not know if I understand my english is not very well

• OK. You are confused with expressions and properties.

EXPRESSIONS, like 'Object_Name.Physics.Mass', tell you a value. You cannot change these directly.

PROPERTIES (like density) are changed by the properties panel (to the left of the screen by default).

think of expressions as things you GET and properties as things you SET.

To do what you want, set DENSITY.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My character had 'solid' behavior and' physics' i tried set density of this box lihgt/ heavy and 0.5 density / 10 density. I push this boxes with this same speed.

• Better check the manual about expressions and properties.

This is part of the basics of C2.

irst. How i can do a weight of box. I pushing box with character and when i push paper box, this box push easy, when is a wooden box pushing is harder to do.

Emulate this by changing the force/impulse of the push. (refer to the physics advanced tutorial).

econd: When I lay brick on brick in the small towers, the tower itself will quickly falling apart because ceg?u bounce away from each other. How to set the parameters of physics to lay bricks calmly.

As already said in this topic, try to tweak the density as well as the elasticity properties.

If less elastic, the bricks should les propagate their own momentum and spread their force to the stack.

• Thanks I study this soon :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)