Typewritter text effect scrolls at different speeds

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:52 pm

I've been using the typewritter effect, for in-game dialogue. The timing is set to "Every tick", but some lines appear on the screen noticeably slower than the other lines. Is this something to do with delta time?
B

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Sort of. Fewer frames per second means fewer characters are shown per second. DT is simply the time it took to complete the previous tick. To keep the effect at a constant speed (or as close to constant as possible), you'll need to modify the effect to take dt into account.

Take a look at this:
TypewriterEffect.capx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:27 pm

zatyka wrote:Sort of. Fewer frames per second means fewer characters are shown per second. DT is simply the time it took to complete the previous tick. To keep the effect at a constant speed (or as close to constant as possible), you'll need to modify the effect to take dt into account.

Take a look at this:
TypewriterEffect.capx

Thanks for the example file. It looks like I'll have to rework my dialogue system in order to get it like this. Ah well, on to work I guess!
B

Return to How do I....?