Typing Game

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Hey, i'm relatively new to Construct 2, and I was wondering if anyone could give me an overview on how to go about making a typing game like anthonykojima's Zombie Typing Survivor (http://www.scirra.com/forum/my-new-game-zombie-typing-survivor_topic56536.html).

I'm mainly unsure on how to have the text box come down, and have:
1. The first key pressed to determine which word is being tackled.
2. How to have the letters disappear after each successful key is pressed.
3. How to have the word/enemy disappear once all characters have been typed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 pm

You are awesome, procrastinator. I didn't expect such a detailed example in such a short amount of time, I really appreciated it. Thank you ever so much.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm

No problem. Hope it helps.

BTW anyone help with this?

In the example above I had to convert the keycode to a character using a string to hold the alphabet. I'm looking for something like chr() from the real coding world. While doing that example, I couldn't find anything... is there such a thing in C2?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Procrastinator, thanks for the demo code. I have it incorporated into my game, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to allow all keys to register. I can do upper or lower, but if I try to extend it to numbers or symbols, it just types letters instead. Any ideas?
B

Post » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:00 am

Here's a better question, how do create a random word generator?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:51 pm

There are websites that create random words based on criteria. Then you convert that into a JSON file and use RANDOM to select a different word.
B

Post » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:25 am

[QUOTE=procrastinator]
In the example above I had to convert the keycode to a character using a string to hold the alphabet. I'm looking for something like chr() from the real coding world. While doing that example, I couldn't find anything... is there such a thing in C2?[/QUOTE]

I looked also, no chr or asc functions. Could probably build functions to do that, but would still require strings. I haven't progressed on the syntax and token commands enough from basic C2 to delve into the plugins just yet, but maybe there is something there.
B

Return to How do I....?