UI improvements / request list

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:16 am

hello everyone here i will be posting all the UI improvements that i think Construct 3 needs.

- properties bar:
too messy, all looks the same, cant tell what is what (and as someone with dyslexia i totally hate it!!)
and normally tooks a while to even find a propertie that you want to edit on a behaivor, here is a solution :

i invite everyone to post their improvements to the C2 ui so we can have a better workplace in C3.

- layout size:

this is just a new feature i was thinking about, its a small corner that when dragging will let you change the layout size, sometimes when you are making a world
for a lets say a platform game you dont know for sure how big its gonna be and you have to keep changing 100 pixels less, 100 pixels more, with this we could do that quickly with just dragging it.

Last edited by IJCT on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:35 am

I like the + buttons, but I don't think that the opening window for adding variables/behaviors should be implemented into the properties tab. Of if the behavior list in your image is for displaying only the currently selected one's options, then I'd say I like to see all the options before me. It would only be useful for people with smaller screens (could be an option in the settings).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:37 am

glerikud wrote:I like the + buttons, but I don't think that the opening window for adding variables/behaviors should be implemented into the properties tab. Of if the behavior list in your image is for displaying only the currently selected one's options, then I'd say I like to see all the options before me. It would only be useful for people with smaller screens (could be an option in the settings).

its just displaying the ones the object have, in the example platform is selected so it just shows the platform properties that the object have.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:46 am

IJCT wrote:its just displaying the ones the object have, in the example platform is selected so it just shows the platform properties that the object have.

It could be useful to see it like that what behaviors the object has. However configuring and playing around with values can be a bit bothersome if I have to click every single one and can't see the properties of all of the added behaviors at once.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:01 am

true, what do you think if you can click on more than 1 behaivor? so you can display as many as you want, it will be like a hide/show thing made more visual. my point with that idea was just to make clear that the properties bar is a mess and its really really hard to find stuff there.

B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:13 am

I quite like using the colored icons to identify each section and having an 'Add' shortcut in the header. I'll see if I can work that in somewhere.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:01 pm

IJCT wrote:true, what do you think if you can click on more than 1 behaivor? so you can display as many as you want, it will be like a hide/show thing made more visual. my point with that idea was just to make clear that the properties bar is a mess and its really really hard to find stuff there.

Oh, I see. Now I like the whole idea.

Ashley wrote:I quite like using the colored icons to identify each section and having an 'Add' shortcut in the header. I'll see if I can work that in somewhere.

Thank you. :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:23 am

Ashley wrote:I quite like using the colored icons to identify each section and having an 'Add' shortcut in the header. I'll see if I can work that in somewhere.

glad you like the idea! i hope the "hide/show" behaivors can be implemented too!

B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:53 am

What if you want more than one of the same behavior?
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:13 am

newt wrote:What if you want more than one of the same behavior?

it will appear another icon on the list but with the "2" at the end.

B
S
G

Next

Return to General Discussion