UI improvements / request list

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Project File of my C3 Tutorial Customized DropDown List
  • hello everyone here i will be posting all the UI improvements that i think Construct 3 needs.

• properties bar:

too messy, all looks the same, cant tell what is what (and as someone with dyslexia i totally hate it!!)

and normally tooks a while to even find a propertie that you want to edit on a behaivor, here is a solution :

i invite everyone to post their improvements to the C2 ui so we can have a better workplace in C3.

• layout size:

this is just a new feature i was thinking about, its a small corner that when dragging will let you change the layout size, sometimes when you are making a world

for a lets say a platform game you dont know for sure how big its gonna be and you have to keep changing 100 pixels less, 100 pixels more, with this we could do that quickly with just dragging it.

• I like the + buttons, but I don't think that the opening window for adding variables/behaviors should be implemented into the properties tab. Of if the behavior list in your image is for displaying only the currently selected one's options, then I'd say I like to see all the options before me. It would only be useful for people with smaller screens (could be an option in the settings).

• I like the + buttons, but I don't think that the opening window for adding variables/behaviors should be implemented into the properties tab. Of if the behavior list in your image is for displaying only the currently selected one's options, then I'd say I like to see all the options before me. It would only be useful for people with smaller screens (could be an option in the settings).

its just displaying the ones the object have, in the example platform is selected so it just shows the platform properties that the object have.

• its just displaying the ones the object have, in the example platform is selected so it just shows the platform properties that the object have.

It could be useful to see it like that what behaviors the object has. However configuring and playing around with values can be a bit bothersome if I have to click every single one and can't see the properties of all of the added behaviors at once.

• true, what do you think if you can click on more than 1 behaivor? so you can display as many as you want, it will be like a hide/show thing made more visual. my point with that idea was just to make clear that the properties bar is a mess and its really really hard to find stuff there.

• I quite like using the colored icons to identify each section and having an 'Add' shortcut in the header. I'll see if I can work that in somewhere.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • true, what do you think if you can click on more than 1 behaivor? so you can display as many as you want, it will be like a hide/show thing made more visual. my point with that idea was just to make clear that the properties bar is a mess and its really really hard to find stuff there.

Oh, I see. Now I like the whole idea.

I quite like using the colored icons to identify each section and having an 'Add' shortcut in the header. I'll see if I can work that in somewhere.

Thank you.

• I quite like using the colored icons to identify each section and having an 'Add' shortcut in the header. I'll see if I can work that in somewhere.

glad you like the idea! i hope the "hide/show" behaivors can be implemented too!

• What if you want more than one of the same behavior?

• What if you want more than one of the same behavior?

it will appear another icon on the list but with the "2" at the end.

• post updated with a Layout size feature

• First they need to fix the Layout and Event sheet tabs at the top, they look horrible. Doesn't fit anything in the rest of the UI. Wierd colors gradients, dark 1p outline, rounded corners, and slightly larger when selected. My CDO kicking in every time i open C3....It's an abomination.

CDO = same as OCD but letters in alphabetical order AS THEY SHOULD BE!

• Good job so far!

1. I would like to have the option to move the X icon (close) of the panels to the left side of the window, especially when using the Dialog mode to run the game(mac users).

2. It would be great if you could utilize some Mackbook trackpad features to zoom in the layout view

3. The tab gradient colors need some work from the designer

EDIT: Also, when the game is being run in Dialog mode, it would be great to dock it in the editor like in Unity

• The gray "CLOSE BUTTON" is too hard to see, please change the color !

• I think that it would be amazing if all the expressions were made more easily accessible

as in a reference with detailed explanations , I couldn't figure out by myself how to

check for a keypress even when I made a keyboard object and use it's functions attached

I had to rely on any key being pressed.

I think it needs more chromium browser support .

I think that blend effects ,etc could be made more easily accessible and actually

have some kind of a preview box so that we can actually see what will happen without having to

apply and remove everytime this could apply to all effects ,etc.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)