Ultimate Ads - AdMob for C2 and C3 (Plugins)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:51 pm

jobel wrote:awesome! I have it all working.. and I bought your plugin for Cocoon Rewarded Videos and it works flawlessly! thank you!

one question: is there a way to make sure the video is a certain length?

I give my players a certain amount of coins but I noticed some of the videos are only 15 seconds where others are 30 or more. Is there a way I can set this? I didn't see it in AdMob Ad Units.

There is no way AFAIK. Google is picking videos automatically each time. It's not a matter of plugin, it's simply not possible.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:40 pm

BackendFreak wrote:There is no way AFAIK. Google is picking videos automatically each time. It's not a matter of plugin, it's simply not possible.

okay no problem, I just figured you would know.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:30 am

@BackendFreak any idea why I can never get any ads to load?
I have it set to test mode in the property's, and these two very simple events

The second one never gets called. I've tried the same for banners and rewarded videos.
Also tried the "On Loaded" event instead of the "Is Loaded". Still nothing.
Does it matter I'm running on localhost for testing and not actually an exported .apk?
Keeghan McGarry | Managing Director
Facebook-Website
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:17 pm

KeeghanM wrote:@BackendFreak any idea why I can never get any ads to load?
I have it set to test mode in the property's, and these two very simple events

The second one never gets called. I've tried the same for banners and rewarded videos.
Also tried the "On Loaded" event instead of the "Is Loaded". Still nothing.
Does it matter I'm running on localhost for testing and not actually an exported .apk?

Hello @KeeghanM,

Test mode uses Google's test ad units instead of yours. Still, same as all other strictly mobile-related features, it won't work on localhost. You need to build an apk and test on your device.

On Ultimate Ads store page you will find installation details for PhoneGap and Cocoon under the FAQ tab.

Please follow the guidelines and Ads will surely show up. In case if you'll still run into any difficulties, just let me know.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:15 pm

@BackendFreak
No luck. I've put in Googles test ID's as well as set it to testing mode.
Exported to Cordova and I'm using PhoneGap to build.

Heres the entire code & setup

But even in an exported APK running on an Android phone... no banner.
I tried to debug by setting a text objects text to FAILED on fail, but that never gets triggered either.

Also no video either, so it's not just banners. I feel like I'm missing something super simple here.
Facebook-Website
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:09 pm

@KeeghanM do you export to Cordova or HTML? Note that you have to export to Cordova.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:38 pm

@BackendFreak Exporting to Cordova as the FAQ said. Plus it's just my normal export process.
Facebook-Website
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:53 pm

KeeghanM wrote:@BackendFreak Exporting to Cordova as the FAQ said. Plus it's just my normal export process.

Can you confirm that the zip you upload to PhoneGap contains the config.xml file? Previous C2 release (r246) had a bug which caused config.xml to save somewhere else.

Also, can you try with the example capx I provided?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:55 am

BackendFreak wrote:
KeeghanM wrote:@BackendFreak Exporting to Cordova as the FAQ said. Plus it's just my normal export process.

Can you confirm that the zip you upload to PhoneGap contains the config.xml file? Previous C2 release (r246) had a bug which caused config.xml to save somewhere else.

Also, can you try with the example capx I provided?

Turns out my folder still had an old config file in it from before adding the ads, and from before r246. So when it exported and put the config somewhere else, I didn't notice. Can confirm it's all working now!
Facebook-Website
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:30 pm

does this work with the cordova builder in construct 3?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store