Ultimate Ads - AdMob for C2 and C3 (Plugins)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Oops, yes it's for Rewarded Video @SparklingAir, I just made a mistake in the label. Technically it will work for rewarded video as it should. Will be renamed with next release. Nice find thanks!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:19 am

BackendFreak wrote:Oops, yes it's for Rewarded Video @SparklingAir, I just made a mistake in the label. Technically it will work for rewarded video as it should. Will be renamed with next release. Nice find thanks!

Ok, thank you! )
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Can't turn off audio on android.
I do "Audio -> Set silent" or "Audio -> Set volume" to music just before the ad is shown.
Music continues to play along with advertising.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:08 pm

does this work with c3 and phonegap? i did a regular cordova export for android but the config.xml does not contain any plugins for admob, is there a work around to manually add the plugin if its not being exported by c3?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:59 pm

piranha305 wrote:does this work with c3 and phonegap? i did a regular cordova export for android but the config.xml does not contain any plugins for admob, is there a work around to manually add the plugin if its not being exported by c3?

May be same plugin as for C2 ?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:11 pm

SparklingAir wrote:Can't turn off audio on android.
I do "Audio -> Set silent" or "Audio -> Set volume" to music just before the ad is shown.

Hmm, you may try to put "wait(0.05)" between setting the silence and triggering the ad to give the engine some time to process the silent request. That should do the trick.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:17 pm

piranha305 wrote:does this work with c3 and phonegap? i did a regular cordova export for android but the config.xml does not contain any plugins for admob, is there a work around to manually add the plugin if its not being exported by c3?

Hey, yes Ultimate Ads works with C3 + PhoneGap perfectly fine. The config.xml contained the Cordova plugin back when I was testing but I guess it changed with recent C3 releases. Please see the FAQ on the plugin's store section for more details in regards to Cordova plugins.

In case of any issues please contact me via real-time chat like Discord or Facebook (see my footer here) so I could help in real-time.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:54 pm

BackendFreak wrote:

Hmm, you may try to put "wait(0.05)" between setting the silence and triggering the ad to give the engine some time to process the silent request. That should do the trick.

I made many experiments but without success. Why does not this happen automatically as in iOS?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:19 pm

SparklingAir wrote:
BackendFreak wrote:

I made many experiments but without success. Why does not this happen automatically as in iOS?

I do not code anything related to audio in this plugin. If Audio.Silence function doesn't work then it's Audio issue, but I never experienced this issue myself.

Can you please give more details? Like even if you set Audio silence 1s before triggering ads, does the sound get silent and then turn on with the ad or it does not get silent at all?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:02 pm

@BackendFreak
Saying "automatically", I meant that with the same settings of my project, in iOS the sound turns off automatically.

Details.
For android i make Cocoon build. With and without minifing. My music file located in "Music" folder.
"Audio" plugin silents music in pc browser tests. I made music silent before starting ads, but my last trick below.
At the right moment (on start of layout for ex.) i set variable "show_ad" to 1.
Further, i have three events:
1) "if show_ad=1 and invert(Audio is silent) then Audio set silent"
2) "if show_ad=1 and Audio is silent then run ads"
3) "On video complete" -> "set show_ad to 0"
But this have no effect.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store