Ultimate Ads - AdMob for C2 and C3 (Plugins)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 am

@BackendFreak
Hi, I didn't purchase the plugin yet and I can't seem to find if it has an action like: "Preload reward video"
does this plugin uses Cocoon Atomic plugin or something? I am planning on using it with Cordova. I see that in the FAQ, for PhoneGap the plugin uses cocoon-plugin-ads-android-admob repo . Is that right?
B
90
S
23
G
23
Posts: 545
Reputation: 19,187

Post » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Cipriux wrote:@BackendFreak
Hi, I didn't purchase the plugin yet and I can't seem to find if it has an action like: "Preload reward video"
does this plugin uses Cocoon Atomic plugin or something? I am planning on using it with Cordova. I see that in the FAQ, for PhoneGap the plugin uses cocoon-plugin-ads-android-admob repo . Is that right?


Hi, yes it's using Ludei's Cordova plugin. The rewarded video preload is an action in rewarded video section and it's called "load" instead of preload.

I'm on my mobile now but I can send you some screenshots later if it's needed.
ImageImageImage
B
45
S
23
G
89
Posts: 1,100
Reputation: 50,611

Post » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:00 pm

BackendFreak wrote:
Cipriux wrote:@BackendFreak
Hi, I didn't purchase the plugin yet and I can't seem to find if it has an action like: "Preload reward video"
does this plugin uses Cocoon Atomic plugin or something? I am planning on using it with Cordova. I see that in the FAQ, for PhoneGap the plugin uses cocoon-plugin-ads-android-admob repo . Is that right?


Hi, yes it's using Ludei's Cordova plugin. The rewarded video preload is an action in rewarded video section and it's called "load" instead of preload.

I'm on my mobile now but I can send you some screenshots later if it's needed.

@BackendFreak
Thank you, meantime I saw the printscreen with the actions and conditions. Gonna purchase your plugin. Your plugin seems to be the best alternative lately .
Great job !
B
90
S
23
G
23
Posts: 545
Reputation: 19,187

Post » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Cipriux wrote:@BackendFreak
Thank you, meantime I saw the printscreen with the actions and conditions. Gonna purchase your plugin. Your plugin seems to be the best alternative lately .
Great job !


Awesome, thanks and good luck with your project! ;)
ImageImageImage
B
45
S
23
G
89
Posts: 1,100
Reputation: 50,611

Post » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:13 am

Admob SDK that is below 7.0.0 will no longer serve ads.

https://support.google.com/admob/answer ... ?ctx=email

What SDK version do ultimate ads use for Android and IOS?
B
18
S
6
Posts: 33
Reputation: 1,254

Post » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:28 am

DarkSide110902 wrote:Admob SDK that is below 7.0.0 will no longer serve ads.

https://support.google.com/admob/answer ... ?ctx=email

What SDK version do ultimate ads use for Android and IOS?


I already mailed Ludei asking to clear this as my plugin is based on their library. I am sure they will provide an update if needed. If not, I will switch background library. So in other words the Ultimate ADS will work, just in the worst case the installation process may change a bit. But again, I'm pretty sure they will update if needed and no change will occur on C2 users side.
ImageImageImage
B
45
S
23
G
89
Posts: 1,100
Reputation: 50,611

Post » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:00 pm

DarkSide110902 wrote:Admob SDK that is below 7.0.0 will no longer serve ads.

https://support.google.com/admob/answer ... ?ctx=email

What SDK version do ultimate ads use for Android and IOS?


Just an update in this matter. I talked to Ludei's staff and they said:

The native plugins use the version 9.0.2 of the AdMob SDK.


So it's all good and Google's update will not affect Ultimate ADS plugin. Thanks for reporting this though @DarkSide110902
ImageImageImage
B
45
S
23
G
89
Posts: 1,100
Reputation: 50,611

Post » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello!

Thanks for a great plugin :) I'm trying to build with xcode 9 and it seems that video interstitals don't work, I can only see "Text, image & rich media"-ads.

Also Xcode warns that the plugin is using version 7.15.0 which is from 2016‑11‑21, that's quite old :) Any chance of this beeing updated to the latest version (currently 7.26.0 released on 2017‑11‑17)?
B
16
S
2
Posts: 25
Reputation: 783

Post » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 pm

boybacteria wrote:Hello!

Thanks for a great plugin :) I'm trying to build with xcode 9 and it seems that video interstitals don't work, I can only see "Text, image & rich media"-ads.

Also Xcode warns that the plugin is using version 7.15.0 which is from 2016‑11‑21, that's quite old :) Any chance of this beeing updated to the latest version (currently 7.26.0 released on 2017‑11‑17)?


Hi @boybacteria,

Interstitials, rewarded videos and banners work for iOS for sure, plenty of users are using it. In regards to the version I already reported that to Ludei so they will hopefully update it, but TBH there's no big rush as there were no crucial changes AFAIK and everything work fine.

Have you tested with the Test Mode enabled?
ImageImageImage
B
45
S
23
G
89
Posts: 1,100
Reputation: 50,611

Post » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:58 am

BackendFreak wrote:
boybacteria wrote:Hello!

Thanks for a great plugin :) I'm trying to build with xcode 9 and it seems that video interstitals don't work, I can only see "Text, image & rich media"-ads.

Also Xcode warns that the plugin is using version 7.15.0 which is from 2016‑11‑21, that's quite old :) Any chance of this beeing updated to the latest version (currently 7.26.0 released on 2017‑11‑17)?


Hi @boybacteria,

Interstitials, rewarded videos and banners work for iOS for sure, plenty of users are using it. In regards to the version I already reported that to Ludei so they will hopefully update it, but TBH there's no big rush as there were no crucial changes AFAIK and everything work fine.

Have you tested with the Test Mode enabled?


Thanks for the reply!

Test Mode for interstitials works fine, although it only shows a static image not a video and that is the problem. I understand that the plugin works fine generally but my problem is quite specific :) No video interstitials are shown when i build with xCode 9 for iOS 11, only static interstitials (the "Text, image & rich media" checkbox in the AdMob dashboard). Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but when you look at the AdMob Release Notes I think that there is incentive to update to a later SDK? Hopefully Ludei will think so too :)

https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/rel-notes
B
16
S
2
Posts: 25
Reputation: 783

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests