Ultimate Fullscreen

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:54 pm

You do that, DM613.

Anyway, Ashley put this up, does this do what you want?
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:17 pm

Jayjay, don't answer spammers posts ^^

For moderators, last message in page 1 needs moderation.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:49 pm

[QUOTE=Jayjay] You do that, DM613.

Anyway, Ashley put this up, does this do what you want?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I contacted Ashley earlier and he made that for us :) works great. Got it working with 1-4x zoom in windowed & fullscreen.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:21 pm

[QUOTE=Tokinsom] [QUOTE=Jayjay] You do that, DM613.

Anyway, Ashley put this up, does this do what you want?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I contacted Ashley earlier and he made that for us :) works great. Got it working with 1-4x zoom in windowed & fullscreen.[/QUOTE]
That's odd, because I presented you the very same solution a few times, some weeks/months ago, where you said it would not work ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:56 pm

O_o Really? I knew about the zooming method but I could never get it working in fullscreen before, not to mention the letterboxing. I remember you posting something about that but I guess I didn't get it at the time :<

I also found out the zooming method doesn't increase VRAM because of upscaling the graphics, it just increases that chunk of VRAM that is taken when adding your first effect to something..so that's a relief.

Anyway, there's one problem with this method I haven't been able to figure out.. Since layers with a scroll rate of 0% don't work with this, you have to position the letterboxing & HUD elements with events. On top of that, if you want scrolling, you have to set the scroll position event(s) BEFORE the letterboxing/HUD element position events, otherwise they will "drag" behind the camera.

That said, using "Center view on me" or Magicam won't work, as the effects for these seem to come after the event sheets. Is there any way to get around that?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:14 am

Might try manually setting scrollx, and scrolly using a variable.
Like:
-+is player.value("scroll")=1
->system set scrollx to player.x
->system set scrolly to player.y

That's pretty much the same thing as center view on me.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:49 am

That's what I meant earlier. In order to get the letterboxing and HUD elements to not drag behind the camera, you have to make your own scrolling events and put them before the events that position the letterboxing and HUD elements.

The problem is that if you're using magicam, putting the camera creation/setup events before the events that position the letterboxing and HUD elements doesn't do anything - they'll still drag behind the camera.

I need to find a way to get around that.Tokinsom2011-07-31 00:53:11
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:11 am

I really would think about making your own camera system, if it isn't too much you want to integrate (following the player even delayed, shaking a bit, rotating, that is done in minutes; it would be grid scrolling or following more than one player sprite, and the finer details of magicam that would cause headache)

But, if you need to use magicam, I would only come up with this idea:
Place all events related to fullscreen/perfect pixel zooming/black bars/etc into a function and call that function delayed (at least by one tick; just calculate time from fps).

It's just an idea, don't know if it would work, would have to test it also.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:24 am

[QUOTE=tulamide]But, if you need to use magicam, I would only come up with this idea:
Place all events related to fullscreen/perfect pixel zooming/black bars/etc into a function and call that function delayed (at least by one tick; just calculate time from fps).

It's just an idea, don't know if it would work, would have to test it also.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.. I'll let you know how that goes :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion