Ultra Fred (Platformer)

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:51 am

Hello, here's my first version from my game "Ultra Fred".

www.heroic-mountain-goat.ch

The music and soundeffects will comming soon. But what dou you guys think about the levels and the gameplay?
Do I need more details, harder oder easier bosses? Or puzzles, and what kind of puzzles?

Thank you for your feedback :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:51 am

Duuuude... I had too much fun. The game is simply great.

Maybe you can add more animation sprites, running, dying, trolling, dancing or so. Like giving Fred or whatshisname a personality. Shooting upward and downward, secret treasures or medals, a bonus level with a fabulous boss... Do whatever you see fit.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:55 pm

@trquangss Thanks man! Yeah I know what you mean, but it's a bit tricky because I don't have a lot of pixel to work with ^^ I made in each level, except the bosslevels, one or two secret areas with a treasure :) Thank you for your feedback, I will give my best to animate the character better in the next version :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:29 pm

I agree with Trquangss, Fred would be a lot more "expressive" with more animations (simple and schematic animations, it suits perfectly the pixel graphic).
I agree also about the secret areas, it is a game that should be impronted to exploration (it somehow reminds me of the 8bit era game "Dynamite Dan", never heard of it?).
What about a device to swim and another to fly, only for a short time and in certain levels?
Cheers
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:15 pm

Okey I understood ^^ Next step are nice animations for my main character! :) Yeah a part with a jetpack or something would be nice.. Thanks @HR78 for your feedback :)
B
S
G

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests