Unable to open for unzipping??!

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • Problem Description

Ive been working on construct 2 for a little under a year now and i've just recently encountered this problem. I saved my .capx the night before school and saved it to my google drive so i could download it to my school computer and work on it during class (after i was done with my assignments of course). So the next day i download the .capx from my google drive and then open the .capx file on my school computer. As soon as i try to open it up, a prompt pops up that states, "Unable to open [file directory] for unzipping." My project does not open and i have no idea what that means. The only option the prompt gives me is a button that says "ok". So I press that. It still doesn't open my project. The same issue just repeats everytime i try to open the .capx file.

My .capx project is 34,228 KB in size and i would really hate to lose it. I have an older version of my project that i am able to open but i would really hate to revert back to that file because my most recent file has about 2 weeks worth of work done on it that isn't on my previous version

Attach a Capx

Here is the capx that has the problem ive been having: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-5Wj ... TZqTmp2R0U

Description of Capx

When the .capx is opened, it sends a prompt to my screen telling me "Unable to open [file directory] for unzipping."

Because i cant even access anything in the .capx, there is no way for me to remove any events or layouts.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Just open the .capx
    • Step 2
    • Step 3

Observed Result

I can't access my project in any way that i know of because of this issue.

Expected Result

The project should just open and give me the editor, but it doesn't even do that much :'(

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10

Construct 2 Version ID[/ (my first attempt in opening the .capx was in version r233) I updated to release r240 and the problem still remained

• I'll just shamelessly post a citation of myself here:

try to extract the .capx with a decompressing application like 7-Zip and open the included .caproj.

• what do you mean? The link to the .capx is there ^^

When i read the directions on how to post a .capx, google drive is an option. So that is what i decided to go with. I created a shareable link and posted the link on my topic.

• what do you mean? The link to the .capx is there

Sorry, somehow read over that.

Um...

It looks like the actual project is missing...

See this (sorry for German language. "name | size | packed size | ..."):

Usually, there is a [projectname].caproj and [projectname].uistate.xml in there too.

Those two are missing. Everything else is there, animations, event sheets, ...

I have no idea why that is. Maybe a anti-virus program thought that might be a virus, no idea.

Anyways, let's go on how to fix this.

I'm in no way capable of interpreting the.caproj and .xml 100% correctly, but it looks like it's just two xml's with project info, nothing relevant.

I'd say what you can try is to create those two file manually, fill in what you know or remember of your project, add the two files to your .capx and try to open it again.

Here are the file's contents with what I extracted from one of my projects:

[projectname].caproj

[projectname].uistate.xml

Create the two files from scratch, paste my contents and edit it to your project's information.

Remember to name the two files accordingly.

Since you need the plugin's names and id's of the plugins you used in your project for the .caproj, you might need to ask the plugin developers for help there. Or you can try to find those two values by searching in the .js files in the plugin's folder.

If everything fails, you might wanna call to Ashley , maybe he can help you with reconstructing the two files.

(All assuming that those two files are the only things that are missing)

• Those two missing files should be easy recoverable from the 'capx.autosave' files.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 99Instances2Go if they weren't deleted by ZephyrKing

Might be possible.

But yeah, if you still got the autosave files, you are saved.

• Aww backups gone with the wind.

• This is just a corrupted project and we can't fix the problem that caused it unless you can identify that - and it may well have just been OS/hardware failure, power loss, or something else like that. So you may have just learned to keep backups the hard way, sorry.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)