Unable to open project

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:06 pm

I have a seperate computer just for making games. It tends to do better and smoothly performance.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:08 pm

Disk cleanup will help also. You might want to use your windows 7 disk cleanup.

I uses it once a week. and it really helps.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:01 pm

@oceldot, probably you have saved your project in folder and then saved in file, right? Ignore this user who is making more trouble than helping you and make the follow.

Change the name of your .CAPX to .ZIP, unzip it and search for the texture folder.

There will be some texture files, but, as the message is saying, it's missing one, called by "Particle.png".

If you have a backup of this file, restore it inside the texture folder, with the exactly name, even the lower and upper case.

Open your project inside this folder and you'll be able to work again...

--------

This issue is common for me, happen in 2 of 10 times, while doing the save of a folder to a capx, and happen randomly when working with C2. Since R50 I did by myself one or two bug reports about this issue, being ignored, because it's not easy reproduced, and without proofs or solid reproduction steps, you can't help the developer to find what's wrong with the code.

I'm sure there is something wrong with the "Texture" saving system while porting a folder to CAPX, because the issue don't happen with other folders and files.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:27 pm

@caplocks1111 - please wait a moment before hitting post to think about if you have something else to add before actually posting so you don't flood the topic with lots of posts made immediately after each other. You can also edit your posts as well.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Closing, I'm afraid we cannot do anything about reports unless they include a way to reproduce the problem, or at least some kind of hint as to what might have caused it. As it is you've just submitted a project with a file missing. The workaround @TELLES0808 described should fix it (.capx files are really just folder projects in a renamed .zip file).

@caplocks1111 - please do not respond to bug threads unless you have relevant information to add - general system maintenance tools are probably not related to this issue.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:14 am

Sorry
B
S

Previous

Return to Closed bugs