Unable to update to beta versions with steam copy

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Well, where to start...

Its not a bug with the software. I am quite happy with it so far, and for the most part it has exceeded my expectations.

I'm not sure where to post this, and sorry in advance for not following the protocol, as it seemed irrelevant.

I've never had an issue with any game or product I've bought through steam, in regards to updates, patches, and betas. Until now with Construct 2.

I am unable to upgrade to beta version as they come out. The whole process is extremely buggy and left me kind of regretting my purchase through steam.

The problem appears to be that Construct 2 uses two forms of validation for the game, License files for Construct 2 purchased from Scirra, and steam authentication files if purchased through steam. Unbeknownst to me, it appears they are unable to communicate.

I have selected that Steam update to the beta versions, but the downloads never start, and never show to be available. If i download the newest version from the Scirra site, it will only give me the free versions, and there is no way (?) to get a license file from steam purchases, so I can't upgrade the betas to administer versions.

TLDR: What can i do to get the beta versions through my steam copy?

• I can get beta updates through Steam, but with a license it seems to have to have both the Free edition and Personal edition in the Steam library and have both set to use beta updates. The dropdown box for choosing beta is also glitchy and sometimes you have to close the dialog and reopen it to choose it. Both are problems with Steam, so we can't fix them I'm afraid, you might want to try contacting Valve. We do release beta updates simultaneously with Steam, and from what I've seen they usually come down to the actual Steam client within 30 minutes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm also having this problem. Should I try to reinstall through steam?

• I have the same problem.

As a fix I downloaded the latest update from the website, but when I ran it, it was only the free version.

• You need the Free edition from Steam and to set that to use beta updates.

• You need the Free edition from Steam and to set that to use beta updates.

Can't do that, it says updates are handled by steam. Are you sure you've updated?

• You do this via the Steam software library, not Construct 2's own preferences dialog.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)