undecided about purchasing C2

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Hello everyone, i'm a new C2 "potential user", I would like to know if the exports in .exe works well (because im not interstead in html5), and if when he released C3 can I expect a reduction in the price of C2

• All exports are html5.

There is an exe wrapper for the html5 export. It works as well as your browser.

There is no indication that C2 will be reduced. It uses a different type of license than C3.

C2 is currently on sale, and users with a C2 license will be given a reduction for the first year of a C3 subscription.

• Thanks for answer me.

• C2 is currently on sale, and users with a C2 license will be given a reduction for the first year of a C3 subscription.

If you buy C2 now, you'll get your first year of C3 free (stated in the announcement blog post).

• uhm very interesting, and one more question ^^ can C2 handle some kind of 3D like Clickteam Fusion "Firefly"???

• C2 is officially 2d, but there is third party support for some 3d.

• C2 is officially 2d, but there is third party support for some 3d.

understood.. one last question (sorry mi english), and the android export of Construct 2 build automatically the APK or only the html5 folder of the game?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • understood.. one last question (sorry mi english), and the android export of Construct 2 build automatically the APK or only the html5 folder of the game?

You have to build the APK using a 3rd party tool (IntelXDK, PhoneGap, Cocoon.io) in Construct 2. Construct 3 will provide a simple, in-house cloud based APK build method.

• i agree with this that i have find on searching for and for my personal experience too on working on intel XDK and other tools html5 to apk buildings.

"Dependency on 3rd parties for all exports

Unless you are creating a game strictly for browser/HTML5 usage, exporting to desktop or mobile is risky, as Scirra have no control over your final export quality. Since desktop uses NodeWebkit and mobile is Crosswalk, Phonegap or CocoonJS there is no guarantee that your final export performance and quality will be up to scratch for pro level 2d games. These 3rd party "browser wrappers" are very prone to breaking and introducing lag and bugs that can't be controlled from Scirra's side."

by the way im just curious, im not very interesetead in html5 export. the most important for me is the exe work fine. this chrome wrap work fine? 100% scirra's guaranteed?

• They can't guarantee a third party's work any more than the post office delivering mail on expected days.

You can expect the performance to be the same as that of the developer.

• They can't guarantee a third party's work any more than the post office delivering mail on expected days.

You can expect the performance to be the same as that of the developer.

im talking about exe, and this node webkit with chrome process to convert exes.. this shoul be guaranteed or not?

• NN81 As long as your project works fine in the Chrome browser, it will work as fine in node webkit since both are the same thing.

And concerning APK, you are not forced to use 3rd party sevices, in fact you can build your apks by your own locally ( without the need of internet ), from the index.html to .apk via cordova.

Tell me if your're interested so I can explain how ( it's a long process, but as soon as you finish setting up things, you get to build apks in a matter of seconds, so it's worth the effort).

I've tested before and it worked blazingly fast on my android device.

• NN81 As long is your project works fine in the Chrome browser, it will work as fine in node webkit since both are the same thing.

And concerning APK, you are not forced to use 3rd party sevices, in fact you can build your apks by your own locally ( without the need of internet ), from the index.html to .apk via cordova.

Tell me if your're interested so I can explain how ( it's a long process, but as soon as you finish setting up things, you get to build apks in a matter of seconds, so it's worth the effort).

I've tested before and it worked blazingly fast on my android device.

Any tutorials on that?

It would save me a lot of time.

• the Mnk Sure I'll post one in the tutorials section

• the Mnk Sure I'll post one in the tutorials section

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)