Underhill, action Roguelike-like

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:34 am

Wow hard, no kidding. I got to stage 5 or 6 then died in 2 seconds.

Some kind of leveling system would be awesome, so you can have better hit-points and resistance to things. Hard is good, but wowee the difficulty curve is like running head first into a brick wall D:

It's very cool though, and reminds me of a more modern day Gauntlet :D

I also agree that a slightly less "too many buttons" weapon system would be good, though keeping arrows as an additional or alternate fire style weapon is great.

I look forward to seeing future updates to this ;D

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Hey Sol, (my favorite star)

The NES Gauntlet was on my mind while I was working on this, that is certain. I really loved that game.

I agree that Underhill is too hard, I've played about 1000+ times while testing, so I adjust the difficulty to my level. I think that selectable difficulty settings would benefit most people who just want to check it out, and not commit hours!    

I think that Leveling/item purchase is the next direction I will head in... Thanks for your comments! Please keep sending light and heat to our humble planet!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:45 pm

One final word from me- Underhill is now available to play right here on the Scirra Arcade page. If you want to comment do so there. Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Love the game, great work so far!

Happy New Year!
B
G

Post » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:53 am

Thank you, Beron!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Hey Buffalophil, i know you said to post in the arcade section but i didnt want to make a massive wall of text there.

I can see another of your (good) influences from the Nes in this one. Ghouls and ghosts : Not only with the run and armour effect but the difficulty.

The game plays really smoothly, watching the youtube video doesnt do your game justice imo. I had a totally different experience to what i was expecting.

One issue with the controls, if you are moving diagonally - ie 2 movement keys pressed, often you cant attack. Im not sure how to fix it unfortunately (your probably also aware of it but have learned to manage).

Also, i am notorious for this - but were the controls explained somewhere? I couldnt figure out how to shoot arrows.

When you implement the shop ill definately be back to play this.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:14 am

Hey GG, thanks for the input. Yes- I totally agree with the no-diag attack issue... Currently figuring that one out. The controls should have been printed on the page there, but arrows are SHIFT, stone hammer is CTRL. Thanks again for trying it out and commenting!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations