Understanding subscription

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:41 pm

lamar wrote:You left out one factor. If you stop the subscription you lose some functionality of C3.

How do you mean that? For me it sounds like you're trying to say that un-subbing will somehow "break" our games.
Did Scirra already announce the free edition limits, if yes could you please share a link?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:48 pm

TheRealDannyyy wrote:
lamar wrote:You left out one factor. If you stop the subscription you lose some functionality of C3.

How do you mean that? For me it sounds like you're trying to say that un-subbing will somehow "break" our games.
Did Scirra already announce the free edition limits, if yes could you please share a link?

I will let @Tom explain it.

From what I have read if you do not stay subscribed your version of C3 will have limited functionality.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Good evening,

For my part I say to myself that I may be able to take the subscription to a condition, that one can pay per month the annual subscription.

This would allow me to forget it and include it in my monthly charges.

@tom can you tell me more about this?

Good night
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:51 pm

jeromeenligne wrote:Good evening,

For my part I say to myself that I may be able to take the subscription to a condition, that one can pay per month the annual subscription.

This would allow me to forget it and include it in my monthly charges.

@tom can you tell me more about this?

Good night

There is a pinned topic on top of this section.
construct-3-pricing_t187766

Monthly Subscription

There will be a monthly subscription option at $12.99* per seat per month for short term use.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:54 pm

It was nice reading this topic.
So far I have collected already 2 money related reasons to get a subscription:

1. If you use something, you pay for it, comparable to other hobbys (thanks to @TheRealDannyyy).
2. A steady flow of income for Scirra, leads to a better product (thanks to @cjbruce who compared it with having a Netflix-subscription, in the C3 love-topic).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:47 pm

lamar wrote:
TheRealDannyyy wrote:

I will let @Tom explain it.

From what I have read if you do not stay subscribed your version of C3 will have limited functionality.

From what I understand you will no longer be able to edit your projects, if those projects have more than 100 events in the sheet or something - which would make most projects ineditable. That limited functionality is as good as useless :lol:

Some will not mind paying a monthly fee. Considering a pay to own model would be nice to propose to scirra- if you pay 12 monthly bills -your editor no longer stops working when you stop paying the subscription fee- you simply lose ability to update it and use scirra's wrapper

People who see it as netflix will continue their subscription in order to stay up to date and get the newest features and bug fixes. At least if they have missed a payment and have no internet connection - the editor is not going to get handicapped on them by design
Last edited by blurymind on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:53 pm

blurymind wrote:From what I understand you will no longer be able to edit your projects, if those porjects have more than 100 events in the sheet or something - which would make most projects ineditable. That limited functionality is as good as useless :lol:

Isn't that the same limitation we got using the C2 free edition?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:58 pm

TheRealDannyyy wrote:
blurymind wrote:From what I understand you will no longer be able to edit your projects, if those porjects have more than 100 events in the sheet or something - which would make most projects ineditable. That limited functionality is as good as useless :lol:

Yes, from what I understand not paying a subscription fee you go right where you were before buying it - the free demo.
You have kept nothing from that first time you bought it :(

Thus why I am saying that fist time purchase has no incentive to the user- scirra has no lure to get me on that subscription/cloud to begin with.

Imagine you subscribe to a monthly magazine, after a year you decide you cant afford to buy it the next year.
You do not get to keep all the issues you have from the first year - to look at them. Instead the publisher comes to your house and takes back the box. You are left with nothing.
You might have made some stuff, but you can only show the stuff to friends - you can not edit it or work on it further

To make matters worse, the publisher's justification for that sales model doesn't make sense to you.
If many vote with their wallets for it - that is what all will get. In the end that is what decides it and that is what scirra wants us to do. Rent or leave
Last edited by blurymind on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:06 pm

TheRealDannyyy wrote:

Yes but if you bought a C2 license and Scirra goes out of business your License and full C2 version you paid for will still work.

With C3 you get a license but lose most functionality of the engine and editor if Scirra goes out of business or you stop subscribing.

That is my understanding but I may be wrong so ask Tom or Ashley.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:11 pm

The subscription model ensures that Scirra remains in business...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion