Unity 2.5 released for Windows and the Mac

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Construct 3 Plugin Unity Ads, Banner, Interstitial Ads, Video (Support C3 build service)
  • http://unity3d.com/#whatsnew

I just gave it a try today and whilst I don't think it's in the same market as Construct (which is just a lot quicker for fast prototyping and the turnaround of 2d games in general), it could be one of the engines where you could build up a prototype to deploy it on different platforms, like the PC, the Mac, Wii, iPhone, etc.

Could be interesting. Lots of iPhone games have already been created using Unity.

• Unity is geared towards 3d development not 2d. It is a quite powerfull engine and with great tutorials although it's a bit pricey! The indie licence costs $200.

• Unity is geared towards 3d development not 2d. It is a quite powerfull engine and with great tutorials although it's a bit pricey! The indie licence costs $200.

Yeah, but a lot of 2d games have already been created using Unity. Here's one people might know:

http://www.thecareergamer.com/?p=513

200 bucks for the indie license is dirt cheap IMO - if you think about what you can actually do inside of it. I'd also not have a problem paying 200 bucks for Construct once all the 'basic' stuff is in there that'd allow you to ship competitive games, like controller support, networking, vram controls, etc.

• I'd also not have a problem paying 200 bucks for Construct once all the 'basic' stuff is in there that'd allow you to ship competitive games, like controller support, networking, vram controls, etc.

I would have a problem with that.

• Yeah, considering the fact that I don't have two nickles to rub together, I'd be pretty boned if Construct cost $200

And that also leaves Unity out of the picture, no matter how cool it looks

• HOLY MUMMA! that looks incredible, they really have got everything! Very impressive. I just don't think i have the time to learn how to use it

• Wow, it does look great. It's 3D and scripting-based though. Looks like a 3D construct sort of

• Wow, it does look great. It's 3D and scripting-based though. Looks like a 3D construct sort of

Sweet now when people come asking if construct can do 3D we can point them here.

I like this engine, I have infact been waiting for this windows release to try it out.

It's still a different ballpark.

Construct is still faster and easier to access for artists. Unity is production proven and ready, which is a big plus, but there definitely is a big difference in how Unity works and how Contruct works.

Now, if Unity would have something like the event editor and if it'd be as smart as Construct in that regard or even go for a completely nodal system...

• 200 bucks is cheap for an indie license I think tourque 3d is more than that and the 2d is 200. Also the developer version of MMF is 300 dollars. I cant wait to get some time with this engine it seems amazing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've been looking forward to Unity for a loooong time. When I heard the windows version was released I did a little joy dance. I still haven't tried it yet though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)