Unity 3D is now filled with tons of bugs, C2 is way better

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:43 am

Danny)]Come down from your high horse buddy, no need to be so salty about this.
This is pretty much the proof that you aim for a battle here and don't want to talk in a polite/non-insulting way.

1) You insult me by straight up you lying saying that I posted the bug section of Unity. I posted the Android,IOS, and Windows sections not the bug sections. So in order to win an arguement you lied period.

Danny)I made comparisons and gave fair arguments, I did never "fight" for anything here.

2)No you did not another lie . You posted a list where the 1st 2 games are not even avalible for the googleplay store verified by appbrain. You did not give me one game to compare.

Danny)I said it might be what you were looking for, I don't want to do the work for you.
You should be able to find some 2D games on the overpopulated marketplace, if you need practical examples to win the "fight" that you are clearly aiming for here.

3) If you not going to bring an example , then what is your arguement? I said there has not been 1 Unity game this year that for Android that features the amount of action that Blast AD has onscreen. So I gave you a specific example and you have not. Ok how about you find games that beat this list I made of featured and popular Construct 2 games

successful-and-featured-android-games-made-with-c2_t181526


Danny)To make it clear, both engines have their ups and downs and what you prefer is up to you.
If you want to go on discussing, I'm up for it but please explain me the way that you were heading with this topic, so I can adapt and discuss about what you were aiming for.

4) Yes if your making 3D games go to Unity. But for 2D games I am saying Construct 2 runs faster than Unity. Also note I said this year and I keep saying that because for years Unity has been superior to Construct 2 on the mobile space. This year however the tides have turned is what I am saying and proving. I honestly think you don't understand how much improvement Construct 2 has made this year.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,645

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:29 am

PixelPower wrote:You insult me by straight up you lying saying that I posted the bug section of Unity

Where is the insult?
Yes I cut down the words to "bugs section" because you are clearly aiming for bugs with this topic, even the title says that.
I did never say that you are a "liar", nor did I ever personally attacked your opinions in any way.

PixelPower wrote:4) Yes if your making 3D games go to Unity. But for 2D games I am saying Construct 2 runs faster than Unity.

If you know that C2 games run faster than Unity, why do you need examples in the first place?


In my opinion native apps will always run better than wrapped ones, however that doesn't mean that wrapped games are necessarily worse performance wise.
We're currently in a time were wrapped games run acceptably well, that you can almost feel no difference to their native competitors anymore.

I would like to ask you one more time to turn down and be less "passive aggressive" about this, I'm just trying to bring some more general arguments about C2 and Unity.
If you are as passionate in looking for examples as you are here with commenting, you will surely be able to make a Unity 2D game and do measurements by yourself.
Share the results if you please.
ImageImageImage
B
69
S
24
G
78
Posts: 695
Reputation: 45,332

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:49 am

TheRealDannyyy wrote:
PixelPower wrote:You insult me by straight up you lying saying that I posted the bug section of Unity

Where is the insult?
Yes I cut down the words to "bugs section" because you are clearly aiming for bugs with this topic, even the title says that.
I did never say that you are a "liar", nor did I ever personally attacked your opinions in any way.

PixelPower wrote:4) Yes if your making 3D games go to Unity. But for 2D games I am saying Construct 2 runs faster than Unity.

If you know that C2 games run faster than Unity, why do you need examples in the first place?


In my opinion native apps will always run better than wrapped ones, however that doesn't mean that wrapped games are necessarily worse performance wise.
We're currently in a time were wrapped games run acceptably well, that you can almost feel no difference to their native competitors anymore.

I would like to ask you one more time to turn down and be less "passive aggressive" about this, I'm just trying to bring some more general arguments about C2 and Unity.
If you are as passionate in looking for examples as you are here with commenting, you will surely be able to make a Unity 2D game and do measurements by yourself.
Share the results if you please.


1) You cannot say me saying Android,IOS, and Windows section is equal to "bug section" that honestly thats straight BS and got me mad cause your excuse for a lie is worst than the actual lie. A bug section is a bug section and an Android section is an Android section.

Construct 2 does run like native games this year because of the newest runtime of crosswalk that adds its own browser to the game that has most of the native features. Its still missing 2 important native features like IAP and support for every AD network. Performance wise the COnstruct 2 is faster than Unity in 2 D games this year.

But when it comes to performance for example the Unity game Guerrilla Bob is the only one that has close to the amount of action of Blast AD. So what happened? That game crashed and the developers where forced to take out the multiplayer portion out of the game. Even with multiplayer taken out, Gerrilla Bob randomly crashes on devices like mine the Note 4. Also if you look at the updates reviews on the game some report it doesn't even work anymore on thier device. Blast AD works on 3 year old to current devices. I picked Guerrilla Bob as an example because thats a featured game made by popular developers compare to basically is a game made by someone who only used COnstruct 2 for about a year.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
38
S
18
G
24
Posts: 682
Reputation: 16,645

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:08 am

PixelPower wrote:You cannot say me saying Android,IOS, and Windows section is equal to "bug section" that honestly thats straight BS and got me mad cause your excuse for a lie is worst than the actual lie. A bug section is a bug section and an Android section is an Android section.
---
"...android section looks like the bug report section go look"

For me this looks like you just wanted us to add insult to injury.

Sorry to say the following but I don't want to go on like this.
You seem to misinterpret a lot and go full on defence mode about any kind of criticism about C2.

If other community members want to add something to whatever you aim for with this topic, they can feel free to do so.
I don't want to spend my free time discussion about things that you misinterpret.

~Have a good day, I'm out.
ImageImageImage
B
69
S
24
G
78
Posts: 695
Reputation: 45,332

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:18 am

Flamewars get threads closed, so closed.
Scirra Founder
B
403
S
238
G
89
Posts: 24,654
Reputation: 196,145

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tarek2 and 6 guests