Unity gets 'visual scripting' (3rd party)

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Yeah, he's been working on that addon for months.

I've been watching it's progress for a while, and while some of it looks like it could be useful, a lot of it isn't needed.
The funniest thing for me was the price. lol

I'm sure some people will find it useful, and as I said in another thread, whatever it takes to get the end result, but it's certainly not worth the price asked.

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:23 pm

*Sigh* It was a joke.

But if some one did make your suggested ACE type editor for Unity it would be.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:43 pm

How much is it? I can't seem to find a price online (don't have Unity installed).
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:58 pm

$100
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:56 pm

For Playmaker it is 3rd party pricing however, they are charging based on how much they think is fair for the time they put into it rather than a thought out price for a game maker.

You can't really compare the 2 though anyway in my opinion, they are not really the same as this is like a optional helper tool. Basically some of the plugins for Unity are almost like game makers or design programs themselves as they are so advanced.

This is not the only thing like that either there is other addons that make things simple with less coding like Vizio and Strumpy Shader Editor. Then a load of tools to edit scenes/maps etc simply, and there is now new addons released all the time.

I know i might get negative feedback for this comment but in my opinion Unity is on another level compared to Construct. Maybe a few years down the line Construct 2 might be able to match it though when it is more complete and professional, right now it only allows 2D though but Unity allows 3D also and soon flash exporting and then probably other formats in the future.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:14 pm

[quote="zeno":1w1x1oyg]
I know i might get negative feedback for this comment but in my opinion Unity is on another level compared to Construct.[/quote:1w1x1oyg]

Which is why I posed earlier that is has more competition with Blender.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:06 am

[quote="Mipey":2l9s6lrf]Hm, this feature that is critical for beginners is only available as a paid asset. I'm not too keen on spending money to try something out.[/quote:2l9s6lrf]

Apparently they're going to come out with a [url=https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W541:2l9s6lrf]trial version and possibly a cheaper licence soon[/url:2l9s6lrf]. On the flip side of that, the $100 price tag is apparently a "[color=#FF0000:2l9s6lrf]SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE for a limited time only[/color:2l9s6lrf]"
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:08 pm

$100 is a reasonable price if you're a company (in comparision, Unity pro costs more than $1000).

Here at PreviewLabs, a company specialized in rapid game prototyping, we've been having a closer look at PlayMaker to consider using it for our future prototypes.

The main conclusion is that it's indeed clumsy to be writing logic using this system, but that it is interesting when combining it with your own source code. This way, you get a visual overview of your finite-state machines, while still having the ease (for a programmer) of writing game logic in code.

Check out our article for more information about our findings.
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:47 pm

just found this, another visual scripting for unity
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/84594- ... -for-Unity!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic