Unknown regular lag

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Problem Description

There's a lag that occurs approximately every second.

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qf87ag97hxf1k ... .capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Just a player sprite with 8 Direction and a tilemap with Solid behavior.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Walk around the layout, especially in orthogonal direction because that seems to make the stutter more visible.

Observed Result

Regular stutter. In big project it is associated with calls to "Recalculate Style" and "Layout" in the chrome performance debugger. In this project, is it less visible but there are regular frames at 19ms. There are also regular calls to something called "reloadpoll" that appears under network in chrome debugger.

Expected Result

The project is expected to run smoothly

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 sp1

Construct 2 Version ID

r254

• For me it runs super smooth without lag. Do you notice any improvements if you use the scroll to behaviour on the player instead of the scroll to event every tick?

• If you run it with Chrome, do you notice something in the performance debugger ?

Maybe it's system specific, but Chrome and graphic drivers are up to date.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It also looks perfectly smooth here. The engine is not doing any significant amount of work. So I would guess this is just a system v-sync issue. It's been discussed a lot on the forum already if you search.

• Ok. So I've read topics about Chrome performance and vsync. My knowledge is not sufficient enough to fully understand all of it. But I came across this thread : .

And found this, said by Solomon : "If windows 7 u need to turn on AERO for the vsync to kick in when in desktop."

After switching from Classic Windows theme to one of the Aero theme, everything runs smooth.

I'm a bit surprised though. I've spend many hours trying to find the source of the stutters. Sorry for the previous topic Ashley, I didn't know where to search.

• Closing as not a C2/HTML5 bug, I'm pretty sure v-sync accuracy comes down to system-specifics.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)