Unlimited events abuse

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:46 pm

OK, so i found a way to abuse the event system to have as many events as I want in the free version. Don't know if I should feel good or bad for reporting this though...

Just kidding, glad to help you guys @DiegoM , @Ashley ,@Tom

So, enough with the intro, let's get to work and give you an example on how to abuse the event system.

Step1) Make a new project(for the sake of this example let's name it MyGame1)
Step2) Write 40 events for MyGame1
Step3) Save Project as MyGame1but also save it as MyGame2
Step4) Open both projects
Step5) Go to MyGame2 and delete the 40 events
Step6) Write 40 new events on MyGame2
Step7) Copy the events from MyGame2 to MyGame1
Step8)???
Step9)Profit!!!

You can repeat this process as many times as you want to get as many events as you want by deleting the events in one project, writing 40 new events, and then paste the events from the other project.

Quick fix suggestion: Calculate if the amount of events on pasting is going to exceed the limit before the pasting occurs and stop it from happening, maybe add a pop up window that says :
You are sneaky, but this abuse was fixed due to our favorite Construct user!!! All praise our lord and savior eddynardo.

Or whatever you think the pop up window should say, no pressure. :P
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:15 pm

shhhh

You just ruined it

Plus, they will never add a dialog "You are sneaky, but this abuse was fixed due to our favorite Construct user!!! All praise our lord and savior eddynardo."
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:13 pm

Careful, they could accidentally write, "eddynardo showed us unlimited abuse at our events."

Maybe just a "Thank you" to you would suffice? ;)
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:47 pm

There are limits to this "abuse". Let's say that I can't do what I want to do in less than 50 events, and I can't cut it into pieces. Plus, objects are not pasted, So I'd need to create every objects on both projects. Now let's say I want to test the new feature I made, Well, I cant'. I still need to have the other piece of code for it to work as it will in the first projects. And if it doesn't work, I won't be able to change it, nor know why it doesn't by trying different stuff.
My addons:
[PLUGIN]Value Monitor
[PLUGIN] Text Alignement
[BEHAVIOR]Timescale Ratio
[BEHAVIOR]Polar Coordinates
[PLUGIN]Action Sequence
[BEHAVIOR]Action Sequence
[BEHAVIOR]Instance Variable Control
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:46 pm

@skymen
You forgot the one limit that doesn't have a workaround , which is also the reason that I don't think we are going to see a fix soon on this "abuse", you can't export a game with more than 40 events :)
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:21 am

Yeah you're right. But I guess you could try to use this abuse, make it so your code is divideable into chunks, and have your game ready for the last week and export it a that moment.
My addons:
[PLUGIN]Value Monitor
[PLUGIN] Text Alignement
[BEHAVIOR]Timescale Ratio
[BEHAVIOR]Polar Coordinates
[PLUGIN]Action Sequence
[BEHAVIOR]Action Sequence
[BEHAVIOR]Instance Variable Control
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Closing as won't fix because this doesn't seem to be a practical way to actually develop anything.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs