Unnamed shooter

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:03 am

This is a game I made for MiniLD #35 a small 48h game compo

Play Here

The initial idea was to make a game that was half a space shooter, half exploration/roguelike/zelda, but had to scrap the second half early on. There are 3 weapons that level up when you pick more power ups, similar to Raiden. Bombs doesn't work u.u'

I interpreted the theme DARE by making graphics that followed the NES restriction a lot more closely. I also DARED to copy The Guardian Legend and make the ship a girl, that transforms when the level start (31 frames :0)

Also, I DARED to try some stuff in Construct 2 that I never tryed before, like loading the level from a .tmx (Tiled file) using XML, and using SpriteFont to create the info in the HUD

This was made in roughly 24 hours

Music by http://ozzed.net/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:37 pm

the good good but does it has end or just for score??because i couldn't finish first level...some stuffs i didn't like :
the powers -.- why we get like laser power then we can get the normal power shoot.. even the powers will not destroy it keep bouncing in the screen so i must take it so you should make powers keep getting powerful not changing between them green,red,blue..
also when i die why the layout restart?? if it score game or level game we should continue from where we died..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Nice! I played it until the scenery scrolled to the end :P
Nice work!

How did you make the ship's stroke become red when they receive damage? Is it a different frame or some kind of tinting?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:29 pm

i think its a frame when he get hit it change to that then to normal one
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 pm

@zsangerous
I made this game in 2 days, so there is only one level that loops. I should have stated this in the post. This is more of a beta, just to see how the game works
The powers go away after a while. Picking up multiple power ups of the same color, will increase the level

@gammabeam
It's another animation. The animation default has 3 frames, the player facing forward, left and right. Than the "hit" animation is the same, only with red outlines.
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations