Unpolite behaviour

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:28 pm

I am sorry to start this thread, but I am realy annoyed by the behaviour of some members of this board and I would like to ask the community how they see this.

Everyone is sticking to the board rule, that the language to be used is english.

This seems not to apply to the spanish community members. They constantly ignore the admonishment from Tom, there even exist a spanish TUTORIAL

This all makes me wonder why all the others, that also have another mouther tongue try to put everything in english....

So, how do you see this? I am a litte p... and right now, I am more or less not willing to help any spanish people out anymore...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Whilst I agree that they should adhere to English only 'rule', and I can understand a little of your frustration, I think you're wording is a little harsh. Saying you are considering not helping just the 'Spanish' is just plain wrong. Please don't go down that route :(
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:36 pm

[QUOTE=zenox98] Saying you are considering not helping just the 'Spanish' is just plain wrong. Please don't go down that route :([/QUOTE]

Thank you for your calming words. My experiences with some people of the spanish community is not the best. First you help them out, then you dont even get a thank you and in the forum the suddenly are not able to speak english anymore? Makes you wonder, doesnt it?!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:24 pm

It's not worth getting that worked up about it. :/

Also, that sort of behavior is not exclusively from the Spanish-speaking community, nor does it affect all of them. There's no need to single them out that way or treat them all as a single entity. Don't judge an entire group of people based upon the actions of a few.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:26 pm

[QUOTE=Arima] Also, that sort of behavior is not exclusively from the Spanish-speaking community, nor does it affect all of them.[/QUOTE]

It may not apply to all of them, but please be so kind and show me another thread, that is so "stubborn" or show me a tutorial in any other language besides the spanish one? Weishaupt2012-01-28 17:27:51
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:35 pm

It's really not a big deal. Chill man, relax! :) No offense was meant, the posters probably simply didn't realize they were supposed to stick to English.Arima2012-01-28 17:35:35
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Arima - I am more or less relaxed. Its just something that I noted - they just ignore all hints and keep on going in their thread.

There once was a "little" chit chat between us germans, which was immediatly overruled....

So are you telling me, that spanish people are handled different then germans?

If so, my next tutorial will be in German....and I am very currious what reaction I will get.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:47 pm

If you go back to the german thread, you can notice that it is a german member who simply said that on the forum it's prefered to have english only posts.

The thread wasn't overruled with an iron fist by any staff member as you seem to be saying.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:49 pm

[QUOTE=Kyatric]
The thread wasn't overruled with an iron fist by any staff member as you seem to be saying.[/QUOTE]

Ok, not overruled....so you're saying that the germans obey while the spanish ignore?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:57 pm

[QUOTE=Weishaupt] Arima - I am more or less relaxed. Its just something that I noted - they just ignore all hints and keep on going in their thread.

There once was a "little" chit chat between us germans, which was immediatly overruled....

So are you telling me, that spanish people are handled different then germans?

If so, my next tutorial will be in German....and I am very currious what reaction I will get.[/QUOTE]

There is a difference between doing something because you don't realize you're not supposed to and doing something even though you realize you're not supposed to. There's no need to get so standoffish about the issue.

Kyatric didn't say anything of the sort. Even if you claim to be relaxed, you're still going on about a very miniscule thing. Drop the issue or I'm locking the thread. Basing these arguments generalizing entire groups of people based upon singular threads is ridiculous.Arima2012-01-28 17:58:15
B
S
G

Next

Return to Open Topic