Unpolite behaviour

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:58 pm

As Kyatric has said, there has never been an iron fist approach to enforcement - which is good IMO - but Ashley did request that posts remain English in THIS POST.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Oh there have been more than one requests in the spanish threag, but they just ignore them.

Anyhow, I for myself will adapt my behaviour accordingly now....english is not my mother langauge, so why should i try to make myself heard if not really needed....?!?Weishaupt2012-01-28 18:01:53
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:23 pm

*sigh*

This ends now. It is a ridiculous thing to get so worked up about.

If you want to post your next tutorial in German, for "motivation questionable", then feel free... Just remember the majority of the community here that we try to promote will not be able to make use of your information (since we promote the use of English).

I for one, wish I could speak another language, so perhaps yo should consider yourself lucky that you had that opportunity. I have no problem understanding your English, if you are implying that you having difficulty in communicating.

I trust that your irrational sense of cultural deprivation will no longer be an issue here.

~Sol

Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:30 pm

Now Sol, let me get one thing very clear...

I thing SCIRRA is doing a great job with running this site, developing c2 and managing this all as a two men show.

I enjoy giving my support to them, with all I can "give". Helping people out, answering questions in the board and writing tutorials in english.

Now, I have some expiriences with other boards and I have seen many board losing activ members because of different issues. One of them is moderators, that stop a dicussion just because the topic is "difficult". Another on is allowing a "sub-community" to grow.

You are a Mod here, and stopping my thread, but letting the spanish thread keep on going is something I can not understand.

Trust me, I will keep my "trap" shut, because I do not want this board or scirra to suffer, and I will not be stubborn by publishing anything in a language different then english. I am just a litte annoyed by rules, that do not apply to all.

You may close this thread, if you feel like it....
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:36 pm

This was not a "thread stopper" it was merely a "wake up and check yourself out, because you're acting like a big baby."

You are entitled to have your objections, and feelings. What you are not entitled to do is have a tantrum about it.

Do you think something should be done about the non-English information? Send a PM to a mod, and we can forward it to Admin level. Making a thread to complain about it is simply childish and draws un-needed attention to yourself.

If you want to object, do it in a civil manner.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:38 pm

The rules do apply to everyone here. They were told in the spanish thread to stick to english. They acknowledged it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:38 pm

@SOL: As I said, close this thread and I will not fall to a personal level, like you have just done. This is - to my mind - very unprofessional!

@Arima: never mind....Weishaupt2012-01-28 18:39:57
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:42 pm

It was not intended as a personal insult, however it was intended to draw an illustration however exaggerated it may have been.

You understand the point I am trying to make. If you have anything else to say you can do it via PM.

Thread Locked.

~Sol
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Just to put some official word on this: we don't officially allow non-English language on the forum, but as pointed out we don't enforce this with an iron fist. The bigger problem is long discussions in a different language, which is inconvenient to moderate even with Google Translate. We do generally step in and ask people to use English where possible, but I suppose we occasionally miss some threads. I hope you don't see this moderation practicality as injustice, it's just a busy forum and sometimes stuff slips by.

@Weishaupt, you shouldn't be upset if you perceive non-English speakers to be impolite - if they don't speak English they may have already struggled to write their message so this may have distracted them.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic