[UNSOLVED] How do I save very large Dictionaries?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:17 pm

I'm working on a Markov chain generator that handles quite large amounts of data. Once the JSONs get larger than 1MB, I can't get them to download using the [Dictionary>Download] action. [Browser>String download] option produces the same result: 'Download failed: server error.'.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by mrtumbles on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The LEVEL GENERATOR TOOLKIT

24 functions dedicated to producing randomly generated terrain for all kinds of games.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:34 pm

I have no idea, but I'm very curious to know why you try to make a Markov chain generator.
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:17 am

https://chilly-durango.itch.io/level-ge ... ucing-evie

It doesn't explain why - but I guess why not? :P Her name is Evie - she can write music, poems, novels, dialog, make up location or character names - you name it.

But she's also such a fat cow she won't fit through the usual download channels...
The LEVEL GENERATOR TOOLKIT

24 functions dedicated to producing randomly generated terrain for all kinds of games.
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Ok I better understand why you need laaaarge dictionnaries ! It's a very interesting project, and I'm very surprise to see it developped on construct 2 rather than a traditionnal language liky Python or C++.

However, I'm not english native and I don't have enough skill to try to understand her poems :s
B
S

Return to How do I....?