unstable construct

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 am

Event 7 replace
[code]Newplayer is overlapping brick[/code]
with
[code]Newplayer is overlapping Brick at offset (0, 16)[/code]

It should do what you want.
When updating C2, make sure to read the changelog pages for all the versions that were in between the version you were using and the most recent you are updating to.
All the important changes are in there.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:51 am

thank you for the help, if you dont mind could you tell me what the
(0, 16) does?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:52 am

and do i need to use trigger once?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:00 am

[quote=Manual]Is overlapping another object
Is overlapping at offset

True if any instance is overlapping any instance of another object. The collision polygons are taken in to account if set, as well as the object's size and rotation. The 'offset' variant will test for an overlap at an offset from the first object. For example, testing for an overlap at an offset of (100, 0) will temporarily move the object to the right 100 pixels, test for the overlap, then move it back again.[/quote]

Also why would you add trigger once if it is working as intended at the moment ?
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:02 am

good point! thanks mate
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Construct 2 itself has been pretty unstable with me. I can't pinpoint crashes but it's been getting worse the bigger my project gets. I've had it crash on me at least 20 times this week. It's training me to save every moment I do something, and if anything, I've noticed it seems to crash shortly after saving, like I would save then go into an event sheet, copy and paste an event, then it would crash (Construct 2 has stopped working crash), load it back up, copy and paste the same event, and it works... I wish I could pinpoint what's going on with mine. It can crash when clicking an instance variable on the sidebar (it will just freeze for a second then crash), copy and pasting events, undoing events with ctrl+z, It's so random. I wonder if it's just my computer, although my computer runs fine absolutely everywhere else. Sorry that this doesn't relate to what you were saying OP ^.^
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General