upcoming spriter plugin:post feature requests here

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Spriter
$59 USD
Spriter is the Ultimate 2D Game Animation Solution
  • If you don't know what Spriter is, check this thread:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/a-massive-update-to-my-sprite-animating-tool_topic43649.html

The construct classic Spriter plugin is in the final phases of development.

As of now, you can expect the spriter plug to behave very much like the standard sprite plugin(minus skew, and distort). You'll be able to stretch, angle, position, play animations, change frames, or play speed, etc, or put behaviors on them.   Spriter allows the creation of per frame collision boxes. And these will be separate SpriterCollisionBox objects that are automatically managed, you just test collisions against them when you need to, and they contain all the relvant information about their name, the Spriter object they're a part of, etc.   

So what would you like to see besides what we have. The first suggestions I've received are the ability to add tweening, and the ability to take control of a spriter character part in construct, and move it around to make an ik arm, for instance. Both of these features will be added, but id like to see what's most wanted or needed, and prioritize accordingly.

Expect to see the first demo in the coming weeks.

• Zoom in like in musltimedia fusion, if that is faster than resizing?

So instead of evet like that:

object.sizex=object.sizex+1

object.sizey = object.sizex

It would be a animation with a user chosen number of frames?

• interesting idea actually.

Maybe also with angle and position as well

EDIT: or on second thought, maybe not. don't want to clutter up the actions with niche stuff. Could be a good idea for a separate behavior, or an addition to the math plugin. I'll try to work this into the math plug in the near future. feel free to remind me in the math plugin thread. of course that feature could be used on spriter as well

• Don't know anything which could be added, maybe after touching the program I'll think up something. Can't wait to try it out, looks good, I like per frame collision boxes.

• For some reason thought this was about a new sprite font plugin.

• Can't wait for this to be released. Unfortunately I can't think of any valid feature request at the moment I'm afraid. Need to start to toy around with Spriter again, that's for sure!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Would be nice if the hitbox inherited the alpha of the parent. Would make it able to do perpixel, rather than bounding box.

• Zoom in like in musltimedia fusion, if that is faster than resizing?

So instead of evet like that:

object.sizex=object.sizex+1

object.sizey = object.sizex

It would be a animation with a user chosen number of frames?

added this feature to the math plugin, btw:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/pluginmathupdate-9-11additional-features_topic42451.html

• How would you play the animations? All handled in your plug in?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)