Update for Kongregate Plugin?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:07 am

So Kongregate just got this new Video API which you can read about here:
http://developers.kongregate.com/docs/k ... tising-api

Which might enables all Kongregate games to earn a lot more. But in order to get it - we need it implemented into C2 dated Kongregate plugin.

@Ashley @Tom ? Any ETA?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:14 am

I would much prefer for Kongregate to develop and publish their own C2 plugin, since there are hundreds of third-party services out there, it's a constant burden trying to maintain them, and it's not our API/service (they obviously know their own platform better). Our plugin was developed a few years ago when we were just trying to get off the ground and offer some extra options to developers. I'd encourage you to go to Kongregate about further support.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:25 am

Ashley wrote:I would much prefer for Kongregate to develop and publish their own C2 plugin, since there are hundreds of third-party services out there, it's a constant burden trying to maintain them, and it's not our API/service (they obviously know their own platform better). Our plugin was developed a few years ago when we were just trying to get off the ground and offer some extra options to developers. I'd encourage you to go to Kongregate about further support.

Yes but:
1. Kong is by far the biggest and most profitable one of them all.
2. They might know their platform but do not know you.
3. Kongregate is a moloch of portal. Asking them to make the plug is like telling Microsoft it is THEY who should adjust to YOU.
4. out of those "hundreds" - there are only 3 that matters in case of browser games: Kongregate, Newgrounds and Gamejolt. In that order. Kongregate plugin was made by you, Newgrounds was made but never finished by a user who never comes here anymore, Gamejolt plug was made by GJ staff and is mostly maintained by them.
5. You do not have to re-invent the wheel. Just add the Video API to already existing plugin.
6. Burden or not - it is part of the deal. The most native platform for C2-made games are browsers, and you cannot develop games to browsers without trying your luck on Kongregate.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:43 am

Well it would add to the value of C2, but in that respect if it were redone by Scirra to include the video api, then it should be only available in the paid version of C2.
It clearly falls under their licensing, of which no one has made a commotion about profit from ads already available on Gamejolt, or Newgrounds, or Kongregate.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:32 am

We have to balance requests like this with literally hundreds of other requests (many of them "just little things you could do easily, right?" - usually a big underestimation :P), plus Construct 3 development, plus regular bug fixes and maintenance on Construct 2, plus all the other details of the day-to-day running of Scirra. Maybe we could do it, but you could end up waiting a long time. On the other hand if Kongregate were developing their own plugin they could update it right away. So I think it would work better for everyone that way.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:02 pm

Alrighty. I give up. I officialy give up. W/e. But don't act suprised when less and less people will take you seriously.
You reap what you sow.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:06 pm

"You reap what you sow."

That goes both ways, you can always make one, or have one commissioned.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:17 pm

newt wrote:"You reap what you sow."

That goes both ways, you can always make one, or have one commissioned.

It was never part of the deal. I don't owe Scirra anything. And it's not me who is running a business here. Mark my words.

Also, when I've asked around the web, about the Kong plugin updating:
Guess I'll follow their lead.
Last edited by irbis on Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:22 pm

Toodles.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:36 pm

I agree with Ashley, just put a request of 3rd part plugin for this special purpose.
Everyone always thinks his requests are important for all users, including me.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General