Update for Kongregate Plugin?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:02 pm

I was actually really hoping the new API could be implemented. C2 is a web game development platform first and foremost. This would help users publish on the very platform C2 is built around. The publishing-related plugins available are the only reason Construct 2 is useful more than Unreal Engine 4. Otherwise, that's a high profile engine that is significantly more useful.

Can't say I'm surprised in the end.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:54 am

DatapawWolf wrote:I was actually really hoping the new API could be implemented. C2 is a web game development platform first and foremost. This would help users publish on the very platform C2 is built around. The publishing-related plugins available are the only reason Construct 2 is useful more than Unreal Engine 4. Otherwise, that's a high profile engine that is significantly more useful.

Can't say I'm surprised in the end.

So after some time and testing... A friend of my who is making HTML5 games and posting them on Kong - is making 3 times more money. With the new API and ads. Meanwhile - we're stuck with 3-4 years old API in C2 and make 1/3 of the possible profits :\
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:51 am

irbis wrote:So after some time and testing... A friend of my who is making HTML5 games and posting them on Kong - is making 3 times more money. With the new API and ads. Meanwhile - we're stuck with 3-4 years old API in C2 and make 1/3 of the possible profits :\

IMHO the official plugins should be regularly updated with the newest APIs. Since, I also plan on making some games for Kongregate, I +1 this.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:38 am

Same opinion here, if an official plugin is done for a service like kongregate it should either be maintained or deprecated after a while.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:10 pm

@Aphrodite that's a good point, and I think Ashley and crew need to make a decision, and then update their Construct 2 information page: https://www.scirra.com/construct2

It specifies Kongregate as a viable publishing outlet for Construct 2, but that is only true by definition, not by value. Deprecate or bust.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:31 pm

glerikud wrote:
irbis wrote:So after some time and testing... A friend of my who is making HTML5 games and posting them on Kong - is making 3 times more money. With the new API and ads. Meanwhile - we're stuck with 3-4 years old API in C2 and make 1/3 of the possible profits :\

IMHO the official plugins should be regularly updated with the newest APIs. Since, I also plan on making some games for Kongregate, I +1 this.

DatapawWolf wrote:@Aphrodite that's a good point, and I think Ashley and crew need to make a decision, and then update their Construct 2 information page: https://www.scirra.com/construct2
It specifies Kongregate as a viable publishing outlet for Construct 2, but that is only true by definition, not by value. Deprecate or bust.

Aphrodite wrote:Same opinion here, if an official plugin is done for a service like kongregate it should either be maintained or deprecated after a while.

It is worth to mention that without proper, official Kongregate API support - the HTML5 export becomes void.
Newgrounds API (2nd biggest flash portal) has outdated alpha plugin made by 3rd party user who vanished from forums.
Gamejolt API - also 3rd party and very dated.

Without this - C2 is left with mobiles as the only and last valid platform (Desktop export is done via 3rd party wrapper and it doesn't have fully functional Steam API).
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:54 pm

I have a plain html5 export running on Kongregate right now.

Rex just made some plugs for newgrounds.
plugin-new-grounds-api-v3_t179642

The Gamejolt API v2 is still in the works, but yellowafterlife updated his plug in 2014 to handle most if not all of the api, including server storage.
I do believe he checks in occasionally, and has a fairly permanent web presence.
http://yal.cc/gamejolt-api-for-construct-2/

I would interject the option still remains that you can make a plug, or contract someone else to make a plug.
Surely the profits from your videos would pay for it.

Also let me say there are probably dozens of game portals that accept html5 games, and several of those also have C2 plugs.
Many of those also have more traffic, globally than Kongregate, and Newgrounds.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:23 pm

newt wrote:I have a plain html5 export running on Kongregate right now.
Also let me say there are probably dozens of game portals that accept html5 games, and several of those also have C2 plugs.
Many of those also have more traffic, globally than Kongregate, and Newgrounds.

It feels kind of a awkward that I have to explain this but oh well.
Game running on Kongregate =/= Kongregate API support. Believe it or not - but some of us make games for a living aka profit. And without proper Kong API that profit is handicapped, IF we would like to make money from there.
About those "dozens of game portals"... care to name at least 10? would you kindly...?
Should be easy if there is so many of them.

Regardless - this is beside the point Newt. Stop arguing for the sake of arguing.
It got old years ago, and now its only cringeworthy.

But kudos for Gamejolt. I didn't knew it got updated. Last time I've checked it didn't (6 months ago).

I would interject the option still remains that you can make a plug, or contract someone else to make a plug.
Surely the profits from your videos would pay for it.

Thx Capitan Obvious. But why stop there, at plugins? Maybe lets make our own engine /s
And Video's Ad's cannot pay for anything because C2 doesn't have up to date Kong API :P
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:54 pm

Front page:
"Construct 2 is a powerful ground breaking HTML5 game creator designed specifically for 2D games. It allows anyone to build games — no coding required!"

I propose adding a line "with no official support to any of current HTML5 game platforms on the market" then it's a win-win scenario for everyone.

ps. looks like Xbox and other stuff with $ init have more value than the core feature of the software that was made for. Wonder when people realize that hype for xb1 exporter Is just like a hype for a multiplayer plugin was two years ago.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:24 pm

irbis wrote:It feels kind of a awkward that I have to explain this but oh well.
Game running on Kongregate =/= Kongregate API support. Believe it or not - but some of us make games for a living aka profit. And without proper Kong API that profit is handicapped, IF we would like to make money from there.
About those "dozens of game portals"... care to name at least 10? would you kindly...?
Should be easy if there is so many of them..

Google html5 games?
Lazy much?
This guy will do it for you, for a fee:
http://truevalhalla.com/blog/list-of-ht ... s-sponsors

Also the Kong api gets you 10% extra.
For a total of 35% of the ad revenue
Yippee.

But wait!
You can get an extra 15% for a total of 50%.
If your game is exclusive or sponsored !
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General