Update Program Example

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Hey all. I've just made a small example on making an update program with the download object.

http://nonsensicle.googlepages.com/updateexample.zip

Try it out. The source is included. If you want to add it to your own site. All you need to updload are the update INI and the update ZIP files. Then re-name the variable WebApp to your sites root and off you go.

By the way, this example downloads the fixed version of my Quick Game. With the AI not shooting through walls and stuff. Plus the game is now pixel shader friendly I hope. So people with 5+ year old machines should be able to run it.

When the update is complete press OK to run the game.

I found some bugs while making this, in construct and in objects. So maybe Ashley may want to have a look through all the comments.

Id appreciate any relevant comments about the example and the game.

• Well, it did download the new version but it didn't update the old version, it just put the new version in a different folder. Still, it's a good example of the download and zip objects.

And I am able to open your game now, but it crashes shortly after the computer player starts moving, or immediately upon clicking with the mouse. Now that I think about it, maybe the crash has something to do with shooting in general, and the crash occurs when either the computer player tries to shoot at me or I try to shoot at it.

Also, is the tank supposed to sit for a few seconds and then go flying off the top of the screen? It's done that a couple times, much to my confusion.

• Also, is the tank supposed to sit for a few seconds and then go flying off the top of the screen? It's done that a couple times, much to my confusion.

LMAO! i want to know the answer to that as well!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yea fully the tanks wierd. I dont know its just got physics movement applied to it. and the platforms are just immovable objects. Thatd be a bug in physics movement Id assume.

The program didnt move the game to a new folder. thats where the update program assumes the old version is sitting, it clears out that folder and extracts the update.zip to it. However, because I didnt include the old version in the game it may look as though its just downloading the game and putting it in a different folder.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)