[UPDATED: 05.09.2017] The Big NW.js Roundup - Tips & Tricks

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:58 pm

Lof wrote:FYI, NW.js 0.19.2 still produce black screen on OBS without '--disable-direct-composition'.

Issue will be fixed with Chromium 56. NW.js 0.19.2 is based on Chromium 55, so we still need to wait a little bit.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Lof wrote:FYI, NW.js 0.19.2 still produce black screen on OBS without '--disable-direct-composition'.

Basically what BackendFreak said, this is a more technical bug that the Chromium team will hopefully take care of.
You could try to use --single-process but I doubt that it will fix the bug. I'll do a post when the new update update goes live.

@tecbug I'm still waiting for a response from @Madspy, he seems to be rather busy right now.
I'll add everything new to the roundup as soon as the fixes for Steam4C2 and Greenworks are done and ready to be released to public.

As always, patience is the key.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:37 pm

TheRealDannyyy wrote:

Basically what BackendFreak said, this is a more technical bug that the Chromium team will hopefully take care of.
You could try to use --single-process but I doubt that it will fix the bug. I'll do a post when the new update update goes live.

@tecbug I'm still waiting for a response from @Madspy, he seems to be rather busy right now.
I'll add everything new to the roundup as soon as the fixes for Steam4C2 and Greenworks are done and ready to be released to public.

As always, patience is the key.

--disable-direct-composition fixes the bug, but it says in the post that from version 0.19.1 it should work without it, but it doesn't, waiting for Chromium 56.

I've tried --single-process before, it didn't do anything besides causing the game to stop working.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Lof wrote:--disable-direct-composition fixes the bug, but it says in the post that from version 0.19.1 it should work without it, but it doesn't, waiting for Chromium 56.

They fixed the bug judging by their changelog, are you sure that you're not confusing recording issues with screen flickering?
As far as I know, recording issues are still a thing with or without it and using a single process usually fixes black screen (detection) issues.

Lof wrote:I've tried --single-process before, it didn't do anything besides causing the game to stop working.

That's weird, could you give me more details such as:
  • List of active chromium args ("package-preview.json" and "package.json")
  • NW.js version which doesn't work with it
  • Your current OS (Just the name should do it)
For some reason I also had issues with --single-process sometimes not starting in C2 preview, you might want to export your game (while having the arg inside the "package.json" and "package-win.json" files only) and try out if it runs that way.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:15 am

"How To: Workaround Recording Issues & Canvas Flickering (NW.js v0.14.0rc1 - v0.19.0)"

It refers to both, maybe it just fixes the flickering.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 am

Lof wrote:"How To: Workaround Recording Issues & Canvas Flickering (NW.js v0.14.0rc1 - v0.19.0)"

It refers to both, maybe it just fixes the flickering.

Yeah it's a bit vague I admit that, should've added "fixes the majority of recording issues".
I'll check it out later by myself and see if I can reproduce it. Please provide me the previously requested info so I have something to work with.

Thanks for the heads up!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Oh sorry I missed that, here it is:

--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-software-rasterizer --ignore-gpu-blacklist

using NW.js 0.19.2 on windows 10 64bit with obs studio 17.0.0
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Quick question, why are you targeting
Code: Select all
%LocalAppData%\GameName\User Data

For the uninstall script and not
%LocalAppData%\GameName

Is there any reason to keep the other cache directories on the root directory of the game?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:16 pm

Lof wrote:Oh sorry I missed that, here it is:

--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-software-rasterizer --ignore-gpu-blacklist

using NW.js 0.19.2 on windows 10 64bit with obs studio 17.0.0

So I've tested "game capture" and it's indeed not working (detection issues probably related to multiple processes).
Unfortunately our lovely NW.js team broke --single-process once again and I will have to create a bugreport soon (It's running 2 processes instead of 1).
As a temporally workaround you can use "window capture" mode, my tests were successful using that method.

Lof wrote:Quick question, why are you targeting
%LocalAppData%\GameName\User Data

For the uninstall script and not
%LocalAppData%\GameName

Is there any reason to keep the other cache directories on the root directory of the game?

I think that's the folder that Steam/Valve complains about and that's why we delete it but Madspy is one of the few people that has experience with that, so I'm just speculating.
Generally there should be no issues with deleting the whole folder I guess, since NW.js will just recreate all the files on the next run.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:26 pm

I was talking about windows capture, it still needs the --disable-direct-composition to work, I couldn't get game capture to work for quiet a while now regardless of version or args.

Oh I didn't know Steam had it as a requirement, good to know, I was taking my time with it, I'll add it asap.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General