[UPDATED: 05.09.2017] The Big NW.js Roundup - Tips & Tricks

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:01 am

This was really helpful! Thanks! In my game, which is a 2d side scroller, right clicking makes the character roll. But it was also making the context menu pop up on screen. Now if I can just find a way to hide the mouse cursor completely....
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:27 am

hookecho wrote:This was really helpful! Thanks! In my game, which is a 2d side scroller, right clicking makes the character roll. But it was also making the context menu pop up on screen. Now if I can just find a way to hide the mouse cursor completely....

You can, using the mouse plugin and setting the cursor to "none".
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:26 am

Yeah, I've done that, the problem is my game is in a letterbox style...with black borders at the top and bottom. The mouse cursor is hidden until you hover over the black borders. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. Thanks for the reply though :)
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:30 am

hookecho wrote:Yeah, I've done that, the problem is my game is in a letterbox style...with black borders at the top and bottom. The mouse cursor is hidden until you hover over the black borders. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. Thanks for the reply though :)

Yeah that sucks, no clue if I can find a workaround for that. Manually executing JS to hide the mouse cursor might do it.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:37 am

There is a way to force NW.js to use "hight perfomance" video card? (like new C3 do in Settings> GPU preferences (for multi GPU system)
Luca ConTato [RisingPixel]
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:51 pm

tatogame wrote:There is a way to force NW.js to use "hight performance" video card? (like new C3 do in Settings> GPU preferences (for multi GPU system)

I think Ashley has already implemented this in the lastest stable release (R244).
I'm not 100% sure if it works though. There is already a feature request for this one, if it for some reason doesn't work. (NW.js Issues)
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:34 am

Updated the Roundup with the following changes:
  • <Added> How To: Force GC To Instantly Unload Audio From Memory
  • <Added> How To: Add Chromium-Args & Js-flags
  • <Added> NW.js Bugreports (Github) section
  • <Changed> Moved some "how to's" to Custom Features & Debugging
  • <Changed> Minor design updates here and there, nothing interesting
Construct 3 is out and things seem to be a lot easier there, will update this topic as soon as I have a C3 license.
From what I've seen so far, you can't preview in NW.js (yet) and the most of the chromium args can be added during export.

That's everything, cheers!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks for all the info, it will be useful when the time comes to publish my game with NWjs.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:11 pm

I've noticed a huge performance decrease from v0.24 (affecting 0.25 too)

Anyone noticing it? Can someone confirm?

UPDATE: basically, versions 0.23.6 and previous ones, and also 0.24.0 beta1, are NOT affected by this problem. 0.23.7 and 0.24.0 onwards are. Seems like the problem is not related to chromium, but is caused by an update (maybe to Node.js?) made around 20 july...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Danwood wrote:I've noticed a huge performance decrease from v0.24 (affecting 0.25 too)

Anyone noticing it? Can someone confirm?

UPDATE: basically, versions 0.23.6 and previous ones, and also 0.24.0 beta1, are NOT affected by this problem. 0.23.7 and 0.24.0 onwards are. Seems like the problem is not related to chromium, but is caused by an update (maybe to Node.js?) made around 20 july...

Could you please provide the reliable example(s) that you've used for these tests?
I'd also like to request a list of chromium-args that you've used in your tests. Anything useful you got for debugging this issue is helpful and could make things easier.

Before reporting this to the NW.js Team, we'll have to make sure that this isn't a chromium issue in general and a problem with NW.js's implementation of it, assuming that chromium is at fault at all. There is also a quite impactful issue caused by --in-process-gpu in the recent versions of NW.js. It might be worth testing out if you have better performance without that chromium-arg in use.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General