Updates one version at a time when restarting.

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:30 pm

Not sure if intended, but had to restart twice to go from R13 to R14 to R15 (windows 10 chrome). This could be rather troublesome, especially if using C3 on multiple devices where one device does not get used for a while...

On a related note, shouldn't C3 be able to load latest version on startup without manually reloading the tab? Seems a little strange for a web app. I understand if there is a prompt if an update becomes available as I'm working, but so far I've always had to reload just after loading C3 in a new tab.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Hmm, it should definitely get you on the latest version after a maximum of two updates, I don't think it's going one at a time.

I think it's a bit confusing because in some circumstances this can happen:
1. You open C3 r13 and it notices there's an update (r14) in the background. You do a bit of work and close it.
2. You come back the next day, without having opened C3 since last closing it. Since then, we added a new version. (This could in fact be several new versions.)
3. You open C3 again and it first loads the update it found last time - r14. Again it checks for an update in the background and finds the latest version (r15, but possibly further ahead).
4. Then you have to close and reopen C3 again to update to r15.

So it's not incremental, it's just updates are found, but not used until you next load C3.

C3 can't load the latest version on startup, because it doesn't know if it can reach the server yet. In other words if you're offline, it just loads from disk. The same thing happens when you're online since it doesn't know if the server will take 30 seconds to respond or something like that. So the first launch is always the last fully cached version.

(Note as of r16 you should be able to update just by pressing reload)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:00 pm

I'll keep a device unused for a few versions and post again if needed, this can probably be closed.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs