Updating a Tile Based World

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 2:56 am

@R0J0hound
Your examples are amazing! Thanks. I hope I'm not asking too much, but I have been caught in a bit snag with zOrdering now. I have attempted a hand full of examples I found around here; unfortunately, it chewed up the frame rate and spat back out a load of lag. I was wondering if there was a better fix for this without causing dramatic drops in frame rate?
In addition, seeing how the tiles are just shifting to the other side, how might I be able to load objects on top of it (ie. trees, wells, other platforms, whatever is else stationary)?

@Yaottabyte
That's nice example. I especially like how when placing a dirt tile, the dirt sort of bleeds into nearby grass tiles and vice-versa. Cool stuff.

PS. If anyone wants to know, I am trying to create something like the game Dofus/Wakfu by Ankama (a rare game that captivated me and that I enjoyed more than MOST I have played). I just hope I am going in the right direction with all of this. I am currently trying to get a hang of construct. I am mostly trying to learn and understand how an isometric style game would work as I have barely any idea where to start when trying to even barely reach the level of Wakfu.
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:09 am

[QUOTE=R0J0hound]@solar
I don't have visual studio installed atm, so I can't tinker with the Texture Setter source right now. But it should be possible to get it to work with tiledBackgrounds, in fact I'm pretty sure I had it working at some point when I was making it.[/QUOTE]

it occurred to me that the image manipulator object also does not affect the tiled background object, is there a relation?
B

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic