Updating game and first time loading

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu May 02, 2013 5:08 pm

I get some problems while trying to make an update for my game:

When I go for the first time (aka: the game isn't cached), I just can't pass 98%, and also, The game will not load entierely before sending me to the first layout (as if I wanted a loader layout, but I set loader layout to "No", a bug maybe?), these are issues, since the first time players want to play my game:

-They can't load to 100% (even if the game is fully downloaded)
-They still have to refresh the page the first time (also, what if they just don't use cache on my website, which is possible)

EDIT: I solved it, It seems the "is downloading update" becomes false right before loading progress becomes equal to 1Aphrodite2013-05-03 22:15:46

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.

Return to How do I....?