Uploading to Apple appStore

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:42 pm

The Legality issue has been mentioned here. This is an interesting point but it can be bypass by these steps:
- Someone with the motivation can create an account
- The account will be called "Umbrella-Duck Games" for example
- Every C2 member who has a good game ready for the app-store will send his game to the account holder
- After a review of the game, if it gets a quality approval, the game will be loaded onto the app-store under the UDG (Umbrella Duck Games) account
- If this game produce income 80% will be paid to the creator, 20% to the account holder

This is an interesting idea cause:
1. I thought about it first
2. I like my ideas (usually)
3. If someone wishes to create such account than this will be an extra for him. No lose situation + A chance to make extra money and maybe cover the $99 price tag
4. It promotes C2 which is a good thing in itself
5. It somehow sweeten the silly $99 payment requirement. Making money out of developers who help you make money is a bad concept. Companies like Apple should be ashamed of themselves for doing so. In my mind it's just a mean to control the quality of games by removing all the poor people out of the equation
6. We have here a live community. This idea adds the "kicking" into it
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Again I will say that if you want to publish apps to the app store it is best you get a mac. Signing your app is actually a fairly in depth process, you don't just simply upload you app to apple. You have to download certificates, developer profiles and more.

For me I just bought the mac. There might be a way to partition your hard drive and run OSX on it. But at the end of the day you will be spending a lot of time on it and it might be more worth while to get a mac.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:31 pm

@mammoth, :) I do not wish to own a Mac. I better things to do than own a Mac. with the price of 1 Mac I can but 3 killer PC's, an expansive display card, the next Xbox 720 and I'll still have some change for a tasty burger.

I'm exaggerate of course but I'm trying to make a point. Buying a Mac + paying $99 just to be able to upload a game to the app-store looks silly from my point of view.

It's like buying an expansive Fender guitar just to get a permission to upload my MP3 to an online music store or buying a Gutenberg machine just to be able to put my book on Amazon.

I love working on a PC. I like my iPad2 too but I prefer staying with "good" people and not turn into the dark side.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:56 am

Now you can supersede the app store with a web app :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:41 am

Mac BootCamp and get your construct running on windows 7, thats what i did, besides i can publish games on the apple store if you want to.dgualdron2013-08-22 09:16:21
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General